PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Why to change air filter and exhaust in H2?

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2010, 09:24 AM
Default Why to change air filter and exhaust in H2?

Not only in this Forum, but often I read and I listen a lot of people recommended to optimize/boost H2's performance to replace the original air filter and original exhaust. Why this? What are the real reasons, aside from the fun of customizing your vehicle? Why a Home prepared and famous like GM should not include in their H2 these components already to their full optimization?
Thanks for the answers
Luigi

Old 04-05-2010, 02:32 PM

The stock air intake system is restrictive. GM has to comply with certain emission compliance requirements. So as a result, they install a silencer or muffle the intake system to quiet it down. Well with all that extra material or tubing, it restricts air, cool air, coming into the motor and it costs engine performance. Its like breathing through a straw. Same with the exhaust system. GM puts these huge mufflers to quiet down exhaust noise to keep noise levels down and other emission restriction crap. By swapping out the muffler or replacing it with a catback system, you now allow for gases to exit your vehicle quicker improving performance, MPG and of course your H2 sounds like it has some *****.

Old 04-06-2010, 05:26 AM

Originally Posted by medic/z28
The stock air intake system is restrictive. GM has to comply with certain emission compliance requirements. So as a result, they install a silencer or muffle the intake system to quiet it down. Well with all that extra material or tubing, it restricts air, cool air, coming into the motor and it costs engine performance. Its like breathing through a straw. Same with the exhaust system. GM puts these huge mufflers to quiet down exhaust noise to keep noise levels down and other emission restriction crap. By swapping out the muffler or replacing it with a catback system, you now allow for gases to exit your vehicle quicker improving performance, MPG and of course your H2 sounds like it has some *****.
Thanks so much, Medic...
When I get my H2 6.2, I will certainly will replace the air intake and exhaust...
Ciao
Luigi

Old 05-08-2010, 08:10 AM

get r done