PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

H3T "Not a desirable trade in"

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2014, 12:42 PM
Default H3T "Not a desirable trade in"

Recently saw a vehicle online that piqued my curiosity and thru the website of the dealer selling it I sent an inquiry. This is a large, multi line new and used car dealer, something like 11 different marques.

One piece of information they asked is whether I had a vehicle I'd be trading in. Since my '09 H3T is worn out with a whopping 27K miles (total sarcastic sentence) I listed it as the potential trade in vehicle.

Got an email and eventually a phone call from the dealer. They wanted to know when I could stop by for a test drive but also "wanted to let me know they weren't interested in the Hummer as a trade in since they are such unusual vehicles. Perhaps you have another vehicle you'd consider as a trade in?

I was polite enough but told them that I was sure I could find a dealer somewhere who would be interested in taking my money since they weren't.

Old 02-15-2014, 04:01 PM

Odd. Local dealerships around here were very interested in my H3T because they are uncommon and easy for them to flip. I don't know where you are located, so maybe a completely different market than here in UT.

Old 02-15-2014, 07:02 PM
Super Moderator

Hummers don't stay on lots around here for long.

Old 02-16-2014, 06:00 AM

I just drover from Huntsville, AL to Houston, tx and back and did not see a h3t at all. A a matter of fact. Y daughter was looking for any other hummers at all and only counted a total of 27 the whole trip this weekend. I picked up a diamond. Back cover used from a prior h3t owner and he was having a touch of regrett for trading his in. He told me the dealer tried to low ball him when he traded it in. He took them the articles for the t's and low and behold they gave Hume what he asked for and the truck stayed on the lot for 1 day and was sold just minutes after they parked it up front. Having my H3T is great as it is a super truck (manual trans) but the number of people that want to know it is the new hummer coming out or where to get one and also comment that it's a nice rig. But truth be told I LOVE the double takes as people try to figure out what was that vehicle that passed me.

Old 02-16-2014, 09:43 AM

Sell it yourself through autotrader etc. There is a market for H3T's.

Old 03-09-2014, 11:04 PM

Bought mine from a Toyota dealer in Pueblo, CO that usually deals in Tacoma and Prius sales. It had been sitting on the lot with zero activity for 60 days when I offered to buy it. They were very eager to make a deal. All depends on the dealer and the area. Dealers know their clientele quite well and will pass if a high dollar rig would need to be sold at wholesale.

Old 03-10-2014, 11:59 PM

I brought my H3 Alpha in for service and someone asked to by it. The dealership had to tell them that it was just there for service. Been getting regular offers since then, most starting at 10% over bluebook. I don't think they know what they are talking about when they say not interested.

Old 03-15-2014, 08:46 PM

I get people asking me if I am selling mine all the time

Old 07-12-2014, 12:16 PM
IDM

Is it a manual transmission? Id be interested!

Old 07-13-2014, 10:21 AM

Originally Posted by IDM
Is it a manual transmission? Id be interested!
It was....

To update this thread. I found a dealer who was eager to take the 3T in as a trade in. Particularly interesting (at least to me...) was the fact that I bought the truck new for $24,999, drove it for four years and put 27K miles on it (low, for sure) and was able to negotiate a trade in value of $22,500 which is only a depreciation of $2500 for four years which I think is pretty amazing....

So to consolidate: First dealer didn't want the truck as a trade in at all, and other dealer gave me a pretty amazing trade in value. Go figure....

Quick Reply: H3T "Not a desirable trade in"