PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Readylift or Truxxx Lift Leveling Kit? Ready to buy

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2007, 09:03 AM
Default Readylift or Truxxx Lift Leveling Kit? Ready to buy

Okay guys/gals;

I am about the pull the trigger on a lift kit to accomodate 35" wheels, I also like the more beefier look. I've tried searching and either found old posts (when one kit was availible and the other wasn't) or I found more specific questions regarding one or another kit.

I would like to know (especially now when both kits have been out and I see many using the one or the other) which kit I should purchase.

I can get the readylift kit for $188 shipped right now or the truxxx kit for $213 shipped. I am inclined to save the 25 bucks and go with the ready lift as it seems to be virtually the same thing.

This is what I learned from reading this forum and doing some research:

Readylift:
+Cheaper
+Lifts ride
+Includes shock extension
+Solid construction one piece

Truxxx:
+More popular
-More expensive
+Lifts ride
+Includes shock extension
-Not one piece construction (welds)
-Can squeak
-Can damage the bolt due to the weld spots

Before I pull the trigger on the readylift, I just want to make sure with you guys on which I should get? I am frugal but I also like to have the best buy and to me thats important.

Also, what shocks do you recomend for this kit? If you have a upgraded shock, please provide me with the part number so I know what exactly I need to get if I do go that route.

Thanks for all your time and information guys.

Old 08-23-2007, 09:31 AM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Readylift or Truxxx Lift Leveling Kit? Ready to buy

IMO, you do not need either one for 35s. Adjust the T bars [sm=icon_blah.gif]. Spend the $$$ on shocks https://www.hummerforums.com/m_63915/tm.htm

Old 08-23-2007, 09:56 AM

ORIGINAL: Doc Olds

IMO, you do not need either one for 35s. Adjust the T bars [sm=icon_blah.gif]. Spend the $$$ on shocks https://www.hummerforums.com/m_63915/tm.htm
I appreciate your input and those were the shocks I had in mind, thank you for providing the model number. I was just thinking that I wanted to do everything right and was thinking the truxxx or the readylift was the best thing to get the job done.

I am getting some new wheels/rims and this would be a good time to get it all done, so I can get alignment and everything done one shot. I can also then have the store crank or unbolt things if I needed them to Can a person buy these shocks anywhere (such as say a local tire shop)? or do I need to order these suckers online?

Old 08-23-2007, 10:46 AM
Super Moderator

Gunner_45 has them and knows for sure. It is my impression they are Custom and only from Cognito??????????? here is another post https://www.hummerforums.com/m_80962/tm.htm

PM Gunner (Mark) and ask, he is a great guy and would be happy to share his info.

Old 08-23-2007, 01:41 PM

I went with Ready Lift because the keys are one piece forged units.

I don't want the entire weight of the front end resting on aftermarket welds.

Old 08-23-2007, 02:34 PM

I have the readylift, no problems. The only selling point I can see for the readlift is the fact that the truxx are welded.

Old 08-23-2007, 09:15 PM

I bought mine direct from Cognitohttp://cognitomotorsports.com/store/Hummer_H3.html.

No trouble with the transaction at all.

If they are out of stock, Contact PhilD at TrailDuty.com and tell him Gunner_45 sent you. You'll have some mark-up,
but Phil is a great guy and is well know in the hummer community.

http://www.trailduty.com/product_inf...aa6f4bd5633c37

They are a pretty hot item, so availability may be an issue. That's why I included both sources.

Note: To my knowledge, none of our forum sponsors offer these shocks.

Good luck and keep us posted......WITH PICS ! ! ! !

Old 08-24-2007, 05:23 AM

I love my readylift kit...no problems. I'll be getting the cognito shocks in a couple of weeks

Old 08-24-2007, 06:15 AM

I think basically what's being said here is that I should purchase the cognito shocks (which I'm going to do in a few mins).

However as for the tb with the stock keys vs the modified keys I am not sure which method I should choose. The modified lift keys sounds to me like a more solid approach as I've read up that some people may max out their height by only adjusting the tb.

Old 08-24-2007, 10:42 AM

I made a set of shock spacers just like the one's that come with the Readylift kit. I got a old shock bushing sleave and cut it in half. Then installed it on the upper shock mount between the shock and lower rubber bushing. Then cranked up the torsion bars 6 turns. Still ridesgood on the streetand really does the same as the Readylift but saves me some money!

Looking at the kit from Trux. The shock extenders look like they may not let the suspension compress all the way. They look the be too long. Meaning that the shocks could bottom out before the bumpstop. Just my observation!

Soon I think I'm going for the Rancho kit. I know there are a lot of haters out there but we all have our own opinions. My opinion is that cranking on the torsion bars gives you a taller ride height. But it also causes the ride height to be closer to topping out which makes your tire leave the ground sooner. Setting your ride height at40% ofyour suspension travel would work best. Again, just my opinion.

Quick Reply: Readylift or Truxxx Lift Leveling Kit? Ready to buy