PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Tires

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2013, 07:52 PM

Originally Posted by OrangeTexan
Really? I've heard lots about the sidewall being too thin and prone to puncture from sharp sticks / rocks. The Duratrac is a lighter tire, but with a more aggressive tread design. Less ply on the sidewall was the compromise in the tire design.
It all depends on which one you buy. There are 2 versions of each size. The cheaper one has a weaker/softer/lower ply sidewall which is what most people buy because they are either uninformed of the 2 types or just don't want to spend the extra money.

Old 11-25-2013, 07:52 PM

Originally Posted by Ground Pounder
I'm not running Duratracs nor do I plan on it any time soon, and for the light to moderate wheeling I do I'm sure they would be fine so its a non issue with me..

this...
Yeah I'd agree that for that type of offroading you should be fine.

Old 11-25-2013, 07:58 PM

Originally Posted by steinerss
It all depends on which one you buy. There are 2 versions of each size. The cheaper one has a weaker/softer/lower ply sidewall which is what most people buy because they are either uninformed of the 2 types or just don't want to spend the extra money.
Thus definitely makes sense. The difference between a load C or D, and a load E is additional plys.

Old 11-26-2013, 12:07 AM
rsc

Additional sidewall or tread plies?

Old 11-26-2013, 11:13 PM

Originally Posted by staggs
be prepared to hear that " you should only buy American blah blah blah" that get posted by some on EVERY single tire post.

Tire looks good for a daily driver, all depends on what you want the tire for. depending on the price it sounds like a good tire from what I've read, but no personal experience. I have fierce altitude mt tires which are aggressive in tread and made by cooper and so far not extremely happy with wear, we'll see how they do this winter though. read through plenty of reviews on tire sites, not just here and you should be good.

I was about to post the same

Old 11-28-2013, 05:41 PM

Here it is sitting in garage

Attached Thumbnails New Tires-photo-2.jpg  
Old 11-28-2013, 07:36 PM

those are nice nmocean. I think you got a good deal too. We got the buckshot maxxis mudders. They have performed very well.

I have been wheeling only twice now since getting the tires because of having shared parenting of the h3 with my ex. LMAO. yes, it's true. But the tires have performed well on and off road.

ALso we have had 2 big snows already here in Ohio and I have driven it through both storms and has handled fine throgh the snow. These have performed as well as the goodyear MTR's which we paid double the price for 2 years ago.

The only thing I am not sure about is how long they will last. We got 50,000 miles out of the mtr's which is the best mileage I have ever gotten from a mud tire. But so far so good. I am going to document here on the site how long they last, maybe you could too with your tires. I think that would be helpful to others in the future.

Old 11-28-2013, 07:46 PM

forgot to post the pic.

Old 11-28-2013, 09:06 PM

I drove it in the snow the other day it went very well. I had mud t/a's on a dodge ram that I had and they held up well and it went through about anything. This h3 is the best 4x4 i have ever had, my daughter is wanting me to give it to her, she is only 14.

Old 11-28-2013, 09:20 PM

HAHA. I understand that. Can't tell you how many people have claims on ours if we ever decide to sell it. LOL. ain't going to happen though. I think we will drive it till it's dead.

I love my jeep, but like you I have to agree, this h3 is the best off road vehicle I have ever owned. they are very capable of anything.

Quick Reply: New Tires