PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My hummer h3 destroying my life

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2013, 09:19 AM

Originally Posted by idahoglocker
You already said you took it to a "hummer professional workshop".
Take it back to them and ask them. If you need to look somewhere else for answers, they probably aren't "hummer professional".
i was making fun of them my friend i left the car with them for 8 hours
they told me we checked everything and found nothing
your car has no problem at all and to make me pay they reprogrammed car computer ( just to take money )

so please i need your help

Old 06-04-2013, 09:22 AM
Unhappy

Originally Posted by RKSmith163
It's not your panic alarm going off it is the intrusion alarm. Again...check your door jamb switches and connectors. You could replace all of them for less than $40.00. Have you ever noticed the DOOR OPEN message on your DIC? Just trying to help here. I would rather try to fix something than do a work around.
i really appreciate your advice but i went today and checked jambs and no problem also were found

do u have any solution to disable that alarm?

( even when i closed the door with the key it also make the same sound
and when it happened i open and close it again and it returns again after less than 2 minutes )

Old 06-04-2013, 09:24 AM

I don't know if the alarm on the H3 is the same concept, but I had the same issue with my CLK. Afterwork I'd get home and I'd lock it up using the key fob then in the night the alarm would go off, lights flashing - never failed. I was sure someone was trying to steal it or the various CF parts. Turns out that the auxiliary alam battery (located in the siren housing) was past its prime and when it discharged it signaled the alarm.

Again, not sure if our H3s use the same basic concept (back up battery) but it may apply. I swapped out the battery and all is now good.

Old 06-04-2013, 01:22 PM

Originally Posted by sheeko29
i really appreciate your advice but i went today and checked jambs and no problem also were found

do u have any solution to disable that alarm?

( even when i closed the door with the key it also make the same sound
and when it happened i open and close it again and it returns again after less than 2 minutes )
You must have an aftermarket alarm system... Locking the dr door with the key does NOT activate the FACTORY alarm system! You need to hit the lock button on the key fob to activate the factory alarm system, & key fob unlock to deactivate the factory alarm system!
I've seen numerous problems with aftermarket alarm systems, and I do not recommend installing any aftermarket alarm systems...

Probably a defective shock/motion sensor from an aftermarket install..

GL

Last edited by hummerz; 06-04-2013 at 01:34 PM.
Old 06-04-2013, 06:14 PM

well lets see,you can change the bcm, or,put a switch in the horn wire!!!

the horn fuse is not for the alarm. the alarm is in the bcm. the horn use is the horn fuse. the horn relay gets grounded by the bcm or the horn buttons.

Old 06-05-2013, 02:17 AM

Your cargo door jam switch has gotten wet. water will get behind the rubber boot and keep shorting it out . remove and replace and seal boot with RTV. Been there done that.

Old 06-05-2013, 03:13 AM

Originally Posted by hummerz
You must have an aftermarket alarm system... Locking the dr door with the key does NOT activate the FACTORY alarm system! You need to hit the lock button on the key fob to activate the factory alarm system, & key fob unlock to deactivate the factory alarm system!
I've seen numerous problems with aftermarket alarm systems, and I do not recommend installing any aftermarket alarm systems...

Probably a defective shock/motion sensor from an aftermarket install..

GL
dear friend i don't have factory alarm just the factory alarm
and ppl told me closing the car with key will deactivate it but it just keep beebing

Old 06-05-2013, 03:18 AM

Originally Posted by bearcsa
Your cargo door jam switch has gotten wet. water will get behind the rubber boot and keep shorting it out . remove and replace and seal boot with RTV. Been there done that.
i didn't go with the car into water but might the previous owner did
i already begin to believe it's the door switches that needs to be replaced

Old 06-05-2013, 03:19 AM
Default true

Originally Posted by happythree
well lets see,you can change the bcm, or,put a switch in the horn wire!!!

the horn fuse is not for the alarm. the alarm is in the bcm. the horn use is the horn fuse. the horn relay gets grounded by the bcm or the horn buttons.
you are right no fuse for alarm

Old 06-05-2013, 06:07 AM

This seems like a troll.

He talks about having checked the door jam switches and then comes back saying he now thinks it's the switches. Talks about not wanting to disconnect the horn to get some quiet (a 5 second job) yet says he removed the battery etc etc

Does not appear he has checked any of the suggestions.

If he was serious he would have checked all the switches for moisture/damage/shorting and in the mean time disconnect the horn when parking the car to avoid noise.

Then one minute he says he has no alarm and then says he does.

Locking doors with key does not activate the alarm so there is no way that the car would be making any noise if locked with the key.

Troll I say

Quick Reply: My hummer h3 destroying my life