Go Back   Hummer Forums - Enthusiast Forum for Hummer Owners > Hummer Lineup > Hummer H3
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Welcome to the Hummer Forums - Enthusiast Forum for Hummer Owners.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-12-2009, 03:17 AM

Default Looking for replacement Navigation radio

I would like to upgrade my wife's radio in her H3 to a Nav unit... Has anyone done this from a stock unit on an 06? I am looking for suggestions on units and pitfalls to avoid.

Thanks!
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Hummerforums!
Old 11-12-2009, 09:13 AM

E-Bay is your friend......I wanted to do the same thing a while ago and saw a guy had an almost new unused one for sale. He had taken it out when his H3 was new. If you search these forums a little bit you'll see where you need a couple of things which plug into a NAV radio which are different than the standard radio....The plugs are somewhat different.

Please let me know how you make out...

Mark
Old 11-12-2009, 09:01 PM

Will do... Sometimes I am a little suspicious of ebay.
Old 11-12-2009, 11:59 PM

I used Craigslist to get mine. I just never let anyone meet me at home with it.. and usually just have them meet me in a busy public place for the swap.
Old 11-16-2009, 09:22 PM

Any double din would do. Just need the harness and the GM onstar module which costs about 100 bucks.
Old 11-17-2009, 07:25 AM

Default Head unit/EBay

I agree, Ebay is a great resource. I found one that was taken out of an H2, and included headrest DVD players!! Great price, unit works great, as does the DVD players. I got the interface from Crutchfield, along with great tech support from them.
Old 11-17-2009, 05:23 PM
2008 Hummer H3
My Garage

Send a message via Yahoo to JIMINWRANGLERS

Debbiejeep,

Did you say you bought a GM head unit from an H2 and put it an H3? I am interested in knowing more!!

Thanks
Jim
Old 11-17-2009, 06:11 PM

Default After market

No, it isn't a GM unit. It is an Eclipse, originally from Crutchfield. I just had to get a kit to mount it in the H3, as the mounting is different in the H2. The headrest monitors wouldn't work, either, as the spacing of the two pipes that go into the seat back is different, so I just took them from the H2 headrests and put them in the H3 headrests. Little bit of cutting/gluing/wiring.
Old 11-17-2009, 08:53 PM

Ended up getting her a Magellan 4700. Found it to be a better deal, and less work. Also, I can use it in the truck or jeep if need be, even take it on vacation.
Old 01-12-2012, 07:46 PM

How difficult would it be to take a stock nav unit from a 2007 H3 and put it in a 2006 H3 that originally only had the standard single disc radio? I am interested in getting a touch screen radio with nav and a buddy of mine is upgrading his 2007 H# with an aftermarket unit and is going to sell me his real cheap.
Old 01-12-2012, 07:46 PM

Tags
07, 11, 2009, alpha, h2, h3, h3t, head, hummer, nav, navigation, radio, radios, replacement, unit, upgrade