PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

H3 Won't start, please help!

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2015, 10:04 AM
Default H3 Won't start, please help!

I searched everywhere and couldn't find similar problem or solutions. Please help!

2008 Hummer H3

So I've constantly had low/dead battery problem in the past, but this time, when I removed the HID headlights, I couldn't get it started. no lights.

So I disconnected the battery, after a min, I put it back on, and put in the key, switch to "on", all lights were up as normal for a few seconds, then engine light and key lock light stayed on.

Then when I try to start, all lights are gone, completely a blank, nothing is on. Key is locked. Nothing comes on no mater which position is key is turned to.

I have to disconnect the battery to regain the power to be able to remove my key. But when I try to start it again, same thing happens.

This is different with the passlock problem. As in that case, it stays powered throughout, ye?

Any idea how I can troubleshoot without towing my truck to the dealer?

Thanks!!

Old 05-11-2015, 10:29 AM

I also tried ODB reader, no error code..

Old 05-11-2015, 11:24 AM
Super Moderator

You have a dead battery, get a fully charged new one.

Old 05-14-2015, 02:31 PM

Thanks! Replaced the battery and reset passlock, it's now back to normal!

Old 05-17-2015, 09:52 AM

Yep, hummer does not like a low battery.

Old 05-18-2015, 07:39 PM

Originally Posted by ronk5865
Yep, hummer does not like a low battery.
I can second that, in the almost 10 years I owned my H3 I had a couple issues with security system locking the car up (unable to open), starting issues.... and each time it was a low/dead battery.

Old 08-03-2015, 12:14 PM

I recently had this same issue with not being able to start my 2006 H3 because I had left my backup cam plugged into the outlet for a few days, drained the battery. Have 136,000 miles on it so I'm wondering if the battery needs to be replaced, or if it might be the one oversight on my part that drained it. If it is getting low (not experiencing any warnings as yet pertaining to the battery) and will eventually need to replace it, how do you reset the passlock? Sorry if this sounds like a dumb question. Thanks to anyone who can help.

Old 08-04-2015, 10:02 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Car54
I recently had this same issue with not being able to start my 2006 H3 because I had left my backup cam plugged into the outlet for a few days, drained the battery. Have 136,000 miles on it so I'm wondering if the battery needs to be replaced, or if it might be the one oversight on my part that drained it. If it is getting low (not experiencing any warnings as yet pertaining to the battery) and will eventually need to replace it, how do you reset the passlock? Sorry if this sounds like a dumb question. Thanks to anyone who can help.
You can search "How to reset passlock".

Old 08-04-2015, 10:05 AM
Super Moderator

Another related problem... if any of you are still driving around with the POS OEM battery terminal connectors, you need to hack those off and replace with a quality aftermarket set like Stingers or your favorite brand.

The OEM battery terminal connectors are garbage, after changing a couple batteries/connecting and disconnecting, they will not keep sufficient contact and cause a pile of electrical Gremlins.

Old 08-04-2015, 03:42 PM

Originally Posted by Doc Olds
Another related problem... if any of you are still driving around with the POS OEM battery terminal connectors, you need to hack those off and replace with a quality aftermarket set like Stingers or your favorite brand.

The OEM battery terminal connectors are garbage, after changing a couple batteries/connecting and disconnecting, they will not keep sufficient contact and cause a pile of electrical Gremlins.
Thanks for the info, I have over 130,000 miles, second owner so I know the battery has most likely been changed out at least a couple times on this '06 H3. Will definitely look into it.

Quick Reply: H3 Won't start, please help!