PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Grrr...

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2006, 06:54 AM
Default Grrr...

My H3 doesn't have any running boards. So when my mother gets into the passenger seat, she always has to hold onto something to get in. She always held onto the window because it was down. While doing this she pushed down the black rubbery thing the windows go up to (sorry, I don't know if it has a name). No matter how much i try to put it back up and push the window up so it will stay, it just falls down again. It looks horrible. I don't think the H3 is even that high up. Grrr. [:@]
People keep telling me to get running boards. I just don't find it neccessary.
Do you guys think it is hard to get into the H3?

Old 09-09-2006, 07:36 AM
Default RE: Grrr...

I think th H3 is very easy to get in and out of. As for the window trim - if it is the rubber channel at the top of the window, Just use some silicone to hold it in place.

Old 09-09-2006, 08:53 AM

Will do, thanks!

Old 09-09-2006, 11:41 AM

I have no problem getting in but my wife complains. Rear seat is more of a problem without running boards. There is a learning curve once you figure out how to getting in/out it is easy.Do you have the Adv. Pkg .? I have the Lux Pkg not Adv. small difference in height.

Old 09-09-2006, 12:17 PM

I don't find it to be a problem but my mom does need the side steps in order to get in. She's very short and it's difficult for her to climb up. You might want to think about some sort of small, portable step for her if you dont want to buy the side steps and bolt them on. Eventually, with the tugging on that door (no matter who it is) it might develope other problems other than a loose seal.

Old 09-09-2006, 02:47 PM

Tina, just tell the dearler it's falling down, and they'll take care of it. Finding a way for your mom to get in that isn't destructive will not only allow her a better entrance into the vehicle, but save you some grief. Perhaps you could go through the motions of it, and show her a better way. Show her the handle on the passenger side.

Old 09-09-2006, 03:18 PM

Foe what its worth, my wife wanted the side rails, we got them and I notice that she does use it to get in and out.

Old 09-09-2006, 05:13 PM

for me its not a problem but my wife is 4-11 and so uses them every time she gets in and my mom as well.
i was lookin at get some for her s-10 blazer. but when we got the h3 they came on it. i would say get them.

Old 09-09-2006, 06:05 PM

I don't care for nerf bars.. just something else to hang up on when you're off road.

Old 09-10-2006, 05:27 PM
ZOO

If you buy the rock rails you can purchase removable steps. Just take them off when hitting the trail..... [sm=goodidea.gif]

Quick Reply: Grrr...