PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Front Pillar Covers for Hummer H3

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2011, 12:14 PM

Mothers / Forever Black are great did my mirrors , door handels , front an rear bummpers an all the black stuff on the roof

Old 04-07-2011, 01:55 PM

Yeah what Taint said removing those breather caps will make it easier so you don't have to worry about damaging them and yeah it is a lot more work than just using the compound but they are just options.

Ill eventually paint all that black when it starts getting bad but for now its ok. I do like the accent the gray adds but at the same time i wonder how it will look all black. Maybe pink? lol

On a side note that back to black worked on my friends intrepid, I don't know how water resistant it is but it did work for the time I was around.

Old 04-07-2011, 02:46 PM

[QUOTE=airborne227;247784]
Originally Posted by wfturner
Actually they are called outer moldings right or left. I use Back to Black about once a month. It doesn't run when it rains, but I have noticed that it spots if you do not dry the area off after washing, but re-applying more solves that issue
Your referring to the outer plastic coverings (outer moldings) that are snapped onto the actual "pillars"
When you mentioned pillars, I think of the support member with that particular name

Read this - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pillar_(car)

In any event, OEM paint, sold only at automotive paint supplies sells a black plastic paint that matches bumpers and exterior black plastic parts perfectly.

Attached Thumbnails Front Pillar Covers for Hummer H3-outer-molding.jpg  

Last edited by wfturner; 04-07-2011 at 03:10 PM.
Old 04-07-2011, 03:49 PM

buy them on gmpartsdirect.com, i just looked it up yesterday, they are about 40% off, the weird thing is

right side$71.66
left side $73.67

why would the price be different?

Old 04-07-2011, 03:50 PM

[QUOTE=wfturner;247829]
Originally Posted by airborne227

Your referring to the outer plastic coverings (outer moldings) that are snapped onto the actual "pillars"
When you mentioned pillars, I think of the support member with that particular name

Read this - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pillar_(car)

In any event, OEM paint, sold only at automotive paint supplies sells a black plastic paint that matches bumpers and exterior black plastic parts perfectly.

is that an old web shot? my price came up cheaper....lol

Old 04-07-2011, 03:59 PM

branstone-
If you read my post, it was just intended for Ghost Rider
That picture was for the name of the part only, not to order them

I think he should paint them, not buy new ones.

Last edited by wfturner; 04-07-2011 at 04:06 PM.
Old 04-07-2011, 08:05 PM

I painted mine a few weeks ago with plastic trim spray paint

Old 04-08-2011, 12:17 AM
Banned

i think id make paint last resort,if multiple tries at treatment are not satisfactory.
b to b really works well and keeps it original,unmolested...

Old 04-08-2011, 10:51 AM

branstone-

Actually branstone, I am a SHE, lol. Anyway, after posting yesterday, I found an older thread on this forum where someone had the same question and a person posted an eBay link. I looked at the eBay link and called the people. I no longer use eBay and most certainly will not ever use PayPal again, so I asked them if I could buy from them without using eBay.

So, I purchased them direct. The right side is $55.00 and the left side is $60.00. To the poster who wondered why one side is more than the other, the lady I ordered from said she thinks that the left side is the side that gets hit most often in an accident so they charge more for it.

What I am going to do is replace these and my husband will paint the other ones for me and keep them in storage. Then God forbid, something happens, I'll have a set ready. Since they are no longer making Hummers, it's "possible" that the prices for parts will go up and could become scarce. Now, had these mouldings been a lot more money, I would have opted to just paint these or use the Forever Black on them.

I appreciate so much all the quick responses to my question on this forum. Wow, you guys (and gals?) are great!! Am I the only female with an H3 on here? lol

God bless all of you. I'll be posting more things, now that my vehicle is out of warranty.

My name is Wynter. Ghost Rider is my business. I sell biker leather and motorcycle helmets.

Nice to "meet" you all!!

Old 04-08-2011, 10:53 AM

branstone-

Actually wfturner, I am a SHE, lol. Anyway, after posting yesterday, I found an older thread on this forum where someone had the same question and a person posted an eBay link. I looked at the eBay link and called the people. I no longer use eBay and most certainly will not ever use PayPal again, so I asked them if I could buy from them without using eBay.

So, I purchased them direct. The right side is $55.00 and the left side is $60.00. To the poster who wondered why one side is more than the other, the lady I ordered from said she thinks that the left side is the side that gets hit most often in an accident so they charge more for it.

What I am going to do is replace these and my husband will paint the other ones for me and keep them in storage. Then God forbid, something happens, I'll have a set ready. Since they are no longer making Hummers, it's "possible" that the prices for parts will go up and could become scarce. Now, had these mouldings been a lot more money, I would have opted to just paint these or use the Forever Black on them.

I appreciate so much all the quick responses to my question on this forum. Wow, you guys (and gals?) are great!! Am I the only female with an H3 on here? lol

God bless all of you. I'll be posting more things, now that my vehicle is out of warranty.

My name is Wynter. Ghost Rider is my business. I sell biker leather and motorcycle helmets.

Nice to "meet" you all!!

Quick Reply: Front Pillar Covers for Hummer H3