PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Electrical problem - washer, a/c temperature control

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2009, 07:48 PM
Tex
Default Electrical problem - washer, a/c temperature control

Having a problem with the a/c temperature control. Moving the control one notch off the coldest setting (e.g., one notch warmer than full cold) apparently opens the heater door completely. The temperature goes from coldest to hottest, even though the dial was only moved one notch. Anyone else encounter this?

Second problem, front windshield washer doesn't work. But when you push the washer button for the REAR windshield, the front washer then activates. Motor burned out & previous owner swapped hoses maybe?

Recently bought the Hummer and haven't received the shop manuals yet. Any help would be appreciated.

Old 09-01-2009, 04:54 AM

I have been trying to find shop manuals also and have had no luck. Thats funny about the windshield washer

Old 09-01-2009, 10:04 AM

Here is the link for service manuals: http://www.helminc.com/helm/Result.a...LMCLQTTFH9DWG9 .

That's for a 2007. Other years are also available.

Old 09-01-2009, 10:42 AM
Tex

Ordered the shop manuals from Helm. Just waiting for them to arrive. They were in stock, so you should be able to get them.

Swapped the hoses on the windshield washer. Front control now activates the front washer. Works fine. Rear washer not spraying, but I can hear the pump running. Suspect a blockage or maybe kinked hose to the rear washer nozzle.

Guess the temperature control problem could be either the control itself or the door mechanism.

Old 09-03-2009, 05:18 PM

Same issue with the temp control. Please update the thread when u get this figured out....

Old 09-09-2009, 11:24 AM
Tex

Looking at the newly arrived shop manuals, could be:
Temperature control itself
Actuators (there are two)
Maybe work was done but actuators were not calibrated?

Old 09-09-2009, 07:44 PM

I have the exact same problem with the a/c. It just started a few months ago, conveniently just after my warranty expired. Let me know what you find out about this.

Old 09-10-2009, 06:03 PM

I went to the dealership to get this problem fixed today, and it was the actuator that was faulty. it was replaced and all is well

Old 09-10-2009, 07:01 PM
Tex

Glad to hear yours is working.

Would you mind sharing the approximate cost?

Thanks.

Old 09-11-2009, 08:51 AM

free! my warranty was out of date but since i was still under the 50,000 mile mark they honored it. They said they had never seen that problem before, and had to rob the part off a new h3. I told em I thought it was the actuator after doing some reading online, but they had to see for themselves after trying a new control unit and an hour and half of other stuff. they finally tried my idea and sure enough. once they found out the problem it didn't take five minutes to put a new one in. if you live near knoxville, thats the place to go, ive always had good luck with them.

Quick Reply: Electrical problem - washer, a/c temperature control