PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

cant order from rock auto

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2016, 11:19 PM
Default cant order from rock auto

tried twice going to r a site, found a list of water pumps and selected oem. found no price and could not move to order. clicked on 2 help buttons and got to a new screen and could not return to original page!
i mentioned this to a friend on the phone and he later told me he tried the site he found on his own and tried to get to the order page and could not.

he shops a lot of sites for parts and knows what hes doing, could not order on r a.
i gave up, bought a pump at auto zone.

funny, i cant remember how i got my rad from r a.
mystery! they should try their own site.

Old 01-28-2016, 08:07 AM

Must be something with your Apple IIc computer. RockAuto works fine for me...

HUMMER H3 3.7L L5
Cooling System : Water Pump
ACDELCO 251731 {#12620226} Includes Gasket OE Design; Stamped Steel Impeller GM Original Equipment
New bolts must be ordered when a new water pump is ordered, bolts are torque to yield; Includes Gasket

Do you also need a Water Pump Wrench?
If you are replacing your Water Pump it is a good idea to replace the Fan Clutch as well!

$82.79 $82.79 Remove Part Subtotal $82.79

Postal Code:
Shipping: Please choose Country, enter Zip/Postal Code and press "Enter" to Calculate Sales Tax & Shipping
Total $82.79
How Did You Hear About Us?

Old 01-28-2016, 08:12 AM
Super Moderator

Their site is highly automated and updated throughout the day.

What you were attempting to order was not available (ie out of stock) hence no price and no way to add it to the cart.

The only issue I ever had with them after something like 18-20 orders for various stuff was last Nov. I ordered a top left motor mount for my daughter's Saturn (the old one was toast and leaking its dirty/rusty oil filled dampening solution on the driveway - that's another story- who'd a thunk a Saturn would have oil filled motor mounts like a Caddy??).

I used their drill down for the auto trans, they sent me the mount, I took the old one off and the new one was not the correct part. Took a couple pics. Had to put it back together and contact them for a return.

Filled out their on line RMA form and uploaded the pics. They called me 2 hours later. After checking with the manufacturer and distributor, they told me I had found a catalog error. They corrected their on line drill down in real time, with me on the phone. WOW! To me, that is crazy considering the volume they do.

They refunded the price plus shipping and return shipping, sent me the correct part with $10 off and free shipping for my trouble.

Old 01-28-2016, 09:16 AM

Originally Posted by Doc Olds
Their site is highly automated and updated throughout the day.

What you were attempting to order was not available (ie out of stock) hence no price and no way to add it to the cart.

The only issue I ever had with them after something like 18-20 orders for various stuff was last Nov. I ordered a top left motor mount for my daughter's Saturn (the old one was toast and leaking its dirty/rusty oil filled dampening solution on the driveway - that's another story- who'd a thunk a Saturn would have oil filled motor mounts like a Caddy??).

I used their drill down for the auto trans, they sent me the mount, I took the old one off and the new one was not the correct part. Took a couple pics. Had to put it back together and contact them for a return.

Filled out their on line RMA form and uploaded the pics. They called me 2 hours later. After checking with the manufacturer and distributor, they told me I had found a catalog error. They corrected their on line drill down in real time, with me on the phone. WOW! To me, that is crazy considering the volume they do.

They refunded the price plus shipping and return shipping, sent me the correct part with $10 off and free shipping for my trouble.
Wow, that is pretty impressive. I've ordered parts through RA a number of times over the years; always a great price, reasonable shipping, and of course a wide variety of choices for most parts. Never had any problems. I typically buy most parts from AutoZone since when I need a part I generally need it NOW; their rewards program is pretty good.

Last edited by 650Hawk; 01-28-2016 at 09:19 AM.
Old 01-28-2016, 10:13 AM

I'm a huge fan of Rockauto.
Ordered a lot of parts from them for all of my family's vehicles.
Best pricing and quick shipping.

Old 01-29-2016, 09:57 AM

thanks guys, im out of town so i grabbed the az pump to be covered.

my friend from out of state had the same problem as i did so its not ez to navigate.

ill try again next need!