PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

bump stops falling out with TUFF COUNTRY lift???

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2009, 09:17 PM
Default bump stops falling out with TUFF COUNTRY lift???

just wondering if its here-say or does this actually happend to people that the bump stops actually slide down the control arm till they pop out with the TUFF COUNTRY 4 inch lift?? i'm looking to purchase the TC lift because its so much cheaper and people say its a good kit but the bump stop issue kinda worries me. i don't off road mine so i think under normal driving conditions it should be ok. i would think that TC would have tested it out before releasing it out on the market for sale or?? i here it mostly from the guys that have the rancho kits.

Old 11-26-2009, 11:14 PM

It sounds like that would only happen if there is an abnormal pressure being put on something that shouldn't be. I searched other threads and could find anything about it.

Old 12-01-2009, 07:17 PM

Yeah, i think it was also alot of speculation.the rancho bump stop system does look alot better engineered.

Old 01-25-2010, 03:03 AM
Default Personal experience

I have the 4" tuff country lift kit. To be honest I've really gave my hummer some rough wear and tear on trails and mudding expeditions and I've only got two issues with it. First, tough country needs to make a higher lift . Secondly, my grease fitting on/near the control arm broke off pretty easy during the initial greasing after break in. The stock stoppers with the kit have been nothing but smooth riding and ease of mind for me. With this said, i recently broke one off while driving through a blizzard in VA. I ran into a ditch that should of bent my frame but i got lucky and merely broke off my rubber stopper Your talking about. If you have any questions regarding the kit id b pleased to answer them.

Old 01-25-2010, 04:40 AM

BlackH3NJC do you have any pics of your rig before and after with the tuff country kit installed? pics of the bump stops installed? Where are you located? Thanks alot, might be really helpful for us.

Old 01-25-2010, 07:19 PM

YES YES, Pix...I want to order my Tuff Country lift soon and would love to see some shots of it. What kind of tires are u runnin with it??

Old 01-26-2010, 01:23 PM

Hey Guys,

Sorry for the late reply; new to the whole forum thing. Gotta learn to check up on it daily lol. I'm in classes atm but would be happy to post photos of my H3 later on this evening or tomorrow. I don't know yet if theres a correlation but... My hummers in the shop due to *I THINK* a wheel bearing. I'll make sure to post the pics and to let you all know if there is a correlation with the wheel bearing and the lift kit. I hope it's just my clutch or a fly wheel but i doubt it... I also don't wanna post the exact measurements of my tires due to possible wrong measurements but i run 35" Super Swamper IROK Radial tires with 22" Forte F40 Nokturnal rims. I hope you all like my ride. Here's a little sneak peak with a few snap shots off my iPhone----->

Attached Thumbnails bump stops falling out with TUFF COUNTRY lift???-123.jpg   bump stops falling out with TUFF COUNTRY lift???-130.jpg   bump stops falling out with TUFF COUNTRY lift???-127.jpg   bump stops falling out with TUFF COUNTRY lift???-513.jpg   bump stops falling out with TUFF COUNTRY lift???-515.jpg  

Old 01-27-2010, 11:30 PM

heres a few more pics of the lift being installed i found on my cell. I'll try and get some better pics with a real camera when i get it back... hopefully this weekend!

Attached Thumbnails bump stops falling out with TUFF COUNTRY lift???-466.jpg   bump stops falling out with TUFF COUNTRY lift???-468.jpg   bump stops falling out with TUFF COUNTRY lift???-471.jpg   bump stops falling out with TUFF COUNTRY lift???-472.jpg  
Old 04-26-2012, 08:31 PM

I have the same problem, one of my bump stops fell out and about lost the other one. I contacted tuff country and they dont sell them i have searched all over with no luck where to get them. Does anyone know where i can get some bump stops for my 4" lifted hummer?

Thanks!!!!

Old 04-27-2012, 11:06 AM

That is the #1 problem with the tuff country lift and they won't sell you replacements so your pretty much screwed.

Quick Reply: bump stops falling out with TUFF COUNTRY lift???