PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best shocks for Daily Driving

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2015, 09:46 AM
Default Best shocks for Daily Driving

Looking for a reasonable priced front and rear shocks... Found an older post about Bilsteins and Rancho but are there any other options... From the looks of it the front and rear shocks look the originals...

found these for $50.00..

2006-2009 Hummer H3 Excl. H3T (Lifted 1"-2 1/2" Front, NA Rear) - Rancho RS5000 Shock (Rear) [RS5308] | $48.99 | SD Truck Springs | Leaf Springs, Helper Springs and Suspension Parts

Old 03-20-2015, 02:45 PM

I have those on my H3 now. I can't wait for warmer weather to change them. I have Fox shocks sitting in my garage, ready to go.
These may be fine for a stock H3 but I have 315 tires, heavy aftermarket bumpers, winch, leveled, body lift, etc.
These are way to soft for my taste. I need a stiffer shock.

Old 03-20-2015, 05:22 PM

I looked up some Monroe shocks that looks pretty decent and good reviews

Old 03-20-2015, 05:31 PM

are they easy to change? we just got the vehicle a week ago

Old 03-22-2015, 12:26 PM
rsc

Shocks are very easy to change out. Even for a not-mechanically inclined person. Just remember that once you cut the strap on the rear shocks, they will extend out and you won't collapse them by hand very easily. Better to get them up in place on one end before cutting the strap.

Old 03-22-2015, 05:47 PM

Originally Posted by rsc
Shocks are very easy to change out. Even for a not-mechanically inclined person. Just remember that once you cut the strap on the rear shocks, they will extend out and you won't collapse them by hand very easily. Better to get them up in place on one end before cutting the strap.
thanks. I found some Monroe reflex that I want to order for the rear . are the bolts easy to reach ontop of the shock? I'm not sure what the strap is.

do I jack the car from the leaf springs in the rear? oh the new shock will have a strap to keep it compressed I'm guessing right. install then cut . is that what you mean .

thanks in advance

Old 03-22-2015, 09:04 PM

You shouldn't have to use a jack to change the rear shocks. Unbolt the old shocks and bolt in the new ones. You may need a Jack to compress the new rear shock if you are not strong enough to compress it into position.

We have Procomp ES9000s on our H3 and H3T. Outstanding smooth ride on and OffRoad. Brings back that smooth handling and absorption that they had when new. About $130 for all 4.

Last edited by TAINTER; 03-24-2015 at 03:35 PM.
Old 03-22-2015, 10:51 PM

Originally Posted by TAINTER
You shouldn't have to use a jack to change the rear shocks. Unholy the old shocks and bolt in the new ones. You may need a Jack to compress the new rear shock if you are not strong enough to compress it into position. We have Procomp ES9000s on our H3 and H3T. Outstanding smooth ride on and OffRoad. Brings back that smooth handling and absorption that they had when new. About $130 for all 4.
really I don't have to raise the car up? I'll look into the pro comps. are they better then the Monroe?

Old 03-23-2015, 09:14 PM

yes. I am running the same procomps on mine, and they work great. i have just ordered a set of OEM offroad shocks for mine.

Old 03-24-2015, 07:49 AM

I have the Monroe reflex shocks and love them. They do feel "spongy" when I'm taking tight turns and hitting bumps, but not as bad as the old oem shocks.

As heads up, don't need to jack it up. If you chose to, lift at the axle, not the leaf suspension.

Quick Reply: Best shocks for Daily Driving