PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Asking advice on H3 leveling kit (Please)

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2007, 12:22 PM
MP3
Default Asking advice on H3 leveling kit (Please)

Hello everyone. This is my first post, as well as my first hummer. I have had my H3X (lux) for about a week already and I am really anxious to put a leveling kit with some 33" mud tires on 18 inch chrome rims. However, this is the first time that I have ever done this to one of my vehicles. The ride on my H3X is so smooth and I am kinda skeptical that the upgrades might mess up that smooth ride. Can anyone please offer some advice as to whether they have had experience with this? Also, if the hummer dealership can do the upgrades for me or if a place such as truckers world is safe enough to upgrade my vehicle without messing things up? It is really to sweet of a ride to mess up. I know that the upgrades wouldmake it look sick, but is it worth it.Thanks.

Old 07-12-2007, 03:32 PM
Default RE: Asking advice on H3 leveling kit (Please)

Hi MP3..

I just had 4 Wheel Parts install the Ready Lift torsion keys. It lifted the nose about 2 inches to about 24.25 from wheel center to fender lip (IIRC). Absolutely no change in ride characteristics that I can tell. Looks better and should allow 35s if I so choose.

By the way,I bought the kit at the 4WP truck show for about $185. They have pretty good deals at these shows and I think they have stores all over the country. I negotiated the install at $268 including the alignment. They say the install is easy but I would have found a way to screw it up.

Good luck with your new ride

Old 07-12-2007, 05:28 PM
MP3

Thanks alot SarGuy33. I really appreciate it. The business that I am wanting to have install my leveling kit also stated that it would need some shocks to keep the smooth ride. Is that necessary or are they just trying to get more money out of me? Also, if I do recall they also stated that this would be the first hummer that they lift in their store, however, they are really good at what they do in lifting a trucks. A couple of dealerships in town send some trucks off the lot to get lifts and tires. What do you think? If you don't mind me askin. I really appreciate all of your feedback and others.

Thanks

Old 07-12-2007, 06:02 PM

I used the Truxx lift kit which includes shock extensions to take care of that issue.I lifted mine 25" and really like the look and the ride difference is not noticeable.I have the Adventure package with 33's and no problems. Total price installed was about $300.Good luck.

Old 07-12-2007, 07:56 PM
MP3

Thanks, I really appreciate it. Does it give a noticeable lift? Did you just take it to get done at a nearby garage and if so, had they had experience on lifting hummers or just trucks? Once again thanks for the advice.

Old 07-13-2007, 12:34 AM

ORIGINAL: MP3

Thanks, I really appreciate it. Does it give a noticeable lift? Did you just take it to get done at a nearby garage and if so, had they had experience on lifting hummers or just trucks? Once again thanks for the advice.
I havea 2007 H3. I had a friend named Brian near Atlanta GA put on my readylift leveling kit. Took him less than an hour then a front end alignment. The ride is smooth and the lift looks great.I've drivenat 95 on the hiway and offroading at the Hummer Happening in Atlanta GA. It handles fantastic.

Briantold me that I could use 35" tires with some offsets if I keep the stock rims, I do like the stock rims too.

Old 07-13-2007, 07:20 AM

Would you happen to be talking about Brian Moore? I was also at the Atlanta Hummer Happening. I work at Capital Cadillac Hummer in Smyrna and live out by the mall of georgia. Where are you located about? I will hopefully be picking up an Alpha soon and I am looking for some other hummer owners to go off roading with.

Here are a couple pictures of the H2 i was driving.

I promise you behind that gaint wall of mud there is aH2.

The aftermath... it was pretty watery mud so it didnt really stick.

Old 07-13-2007, 01:44 PM

MP

The Ready Lift kit comes with a small spacer for the front shocks. I kept the original shocks (Adventure package gas shocks) and they work fine on the road . I have yet to take the 3 off-road after the install but suspect the suspension will behave is it did before. I may go out Sunday to get dirty...if I notice anything, I'll post it here.

BTW, the photo that is part of my signature is pre-lift. The front now sits about 2" higher

Old 07-13-2007, 11:46 PM
MP3

SarGuy33

I am sold by what you and eveyone else is saying about the leveling kit. I am definitely doing it. I will be looking for your post on how the ride was for you. What brand of tires are you riding on and do they makealot of noise on the highway? Those in your picture look pretty mean. Thanks.

Thanks to everyone for all of your advice. I am pretty much sold from what you are all telling me. Gonna plan to do thisby the end of theweek.If you have anymore advice, maybe on brand of tires and other performance upgrades, please do share.

Old 07-14-2007, 03:02 PM

He isBryan McCravy of Extreme Off Road in Douglasville Georgia. 770.949.5757

I currently live in Morrow GA I may soon be moving to Atlanta again.
I am definitely looking for some more offroading with other Hummer owners.

Look in the Photo Gallery for "Nova Saigo's Hummer" for the pictures of my H3 at the event.

This is a picture of my H3. I attended the afternoon event. Notice the sh*t eating grin?

Quick Reply: Asking advice on H3 leveling kit (Please)