PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2007 Auto door lock defeat !!

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2014, 09:43 PM
Default 2007 Auto door lock defeat !!

I finally killed that auto door lock feature on my 2007 H3. It's not a perfect solution but I can live with it. Several months back I was looking at the schematic and noted the light blue wire from the BCM which was identified as the door lock signal. The white wire on the next pin over (pins 13 and 14) was the door unlock signal. It took me a while but I finally decided to try cutting the wires to see if that took care of my automatic door lock. I went ahead and cut both wires because I really didn't like the automatic door unlock feature either but it didn't take me long to figure out that this also meant that I could not use my keyfob to unlock the car!! Didn't think of that. After reconnecting the white wire I have a solution I can live with. There is NO automatic door locking now but that also means that when I leave the car I must remember to lock the doors from the door panel as I exit and then set the alarm from the keyfob. It's not a perfect solution but one I can live with because I spend a lot of time picking up family in this car and it's really a hastle to remember to reach over to hit the unlock button as I drive up to someone. If I don't hit the unlock button fast enough then they pull the door handle and it usually slips from their hand and snaps back as they let go. The wear on the door handles I'm sure is not good for them being made of plastic. Now if someone could figure out how to connect the "alarm set signal" to the door lock wire then we would have a complete solution...
UPDATE 8-31-2014: I finally got the door lock defeated and all alarm and unlock features working. I used this relay:
HH52P DC 12V Coil 8 Pin DPDT Green LED Indicator Power Relay 5A 240VAC 28VDC | eBay And found a wire from the BCM that was hot when the key was on which I used to power the relay. I then wired the two cut wires for the lock and unlock signals through the normally closed contacts on the relay. The result is that any time the key is on, the computer cannot control the door locks. When the key is off, normal computer control of locks is restored allowing the doors to lock and unlock with the key fob...

Last edited by ChristianAnarchist; 08-31-2014 at 09:18 PM.
Old 07-04-2014, 07:51 AM

a great idea and its been bugging me, go to the back to get something,,,oh no , push a button,,,.
ill think on it. a 10 min timer to close the open wire?.use the horn button to reset the open wire?. need relay and some circuitry here.

i can make timers/relay stuff.

something will come up. keep thinking.

Old 07-05-2014, 03:26 PM

so we put a sw in that wire. close it and back to normal. open when you make a lot of stops.

more later!

Old 07-05-2014, 07:12 PM

Originally Posted by happythree
so we put a sw in that wire. close it and back to normal. open when you make a lot of stops.

more later!
YES!! Actually I've used this time delay relay for my stereo system:
DC 12V LED Digital Display Trigger Time Delay Relay Module Board 0 999 Seconds | eBay
The same relay could be used to allow the cut wire to be "restored" after key is removed for a period of time (say 10 minutes) so that if I press the "lock" on the keyfob, the doors will lock and the alarm will set!! I have one sitting here so maybe in a week or so (when I find time) I'll give it a try.

Old 07-05-2014, 07:17 PM

yeah thats what i was thinking b4 so let us know. meantime im gonna cut the wire and just put a sw for startters. good going.
!

Old 07-06-2014, 10:24 AM

Originally Posted by happythree
yeah thats what i was thinking b4 so let us know. meantime im gonna cut the wire and just put a sw for startters. good going.
!
I thought about this some more and the lightbulb above my head lit up! I don't need a time-delay relay, just a relay. I energize the coil with any source that is hot when the key is on and connect the wire to the door locks through the normally open contacts. That way the wire will be "closed" when the key is off and "open" when the key is on. Very simple! Don't know why it didn't come to me sooner.

Old 07-06-2014, 11:00 AM

oh man, "too easy" as my son used to say!!.
the only catch might be that the wire goes to the logic in the dr door for all functions, but if it works with no wire i guess it should be good. now I AM doing it!!

Old 07-27-2014, 10:58 AM
Default update

so i finally got a "round tuit"
cut the proper lt blue, it kills the lock as wanted. its the blue on upper right facing thr c2 end with the release tab up. tricky with 2 lt blu in opposite corners! the one nearest the white does it.
the catch; if you push rem lock the bcm thinks its locked.
when you open the door you get the alarm horn beep.
be ready to push a button!

i mounted a kill sw out of sight on the door panel

Old 08-31-2014, 09:18 PM

UPDATE 8-31-2014: I finally got the door lock defeated and all alarm and unlock features working. I used this relay:
HH52P DC 12V Coil 8 Pin DPDT Green LED Indicator Power Relay 5A 240VAC 28VDC | eBay And found a wire from the BCM that was hot when the key was on which I used to power the relay. I then wired the two cut wires for the lock and unlock signals through the normally closed contacts on the relay. The result is that any time the key is on, the computer cannot control the door locks. When the key is off, normal computer control of locks is restored allowing the doors to lock and unlock with the key fob...