PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New owner of an 08 SUT

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2016, 10:34 AM
Default New owner of an 08 SUT

I have a new truck, my first SUT. I have a few questions I'm hoping someone can answer for me.

1- Torneau cover - I have a key for it and see a **** next to the lock, can you tell me if just turning the key locks the cover? What does the **** do? I tried turning the key but cover did not lock.

2- Can you just put down the hatch window or do you have to put down all windows if you want that window down? I pressed the button on drivers side door and all windows rolled down.

3- The folding mirrors work thank god unlike my older H2 but in this truck you can adjust the mirrors itself left and right but both do not move up and down. Is this a bad switch? I'm assuming its something that controls both mirrors.

3- Truck has 46k miles. I have to use double sided tape to tighten the chrome gas cover, replace drivers side sun visor mirror (plastic cover broken), re-adjust the rubber molding surrounding one rear cab light. Then will powder coat the rockers and undercoat truck.

Drives very well so far. I will post pics over weekend, since Im working today and tomorrow.

thanks in advance for the help.

Old 07-26-2016, 06:50 PM

Originally Posted by mcioci
I have a new truck, my first SUT. I have a few questions I'm hoping someone can answer for me.

1- Torneau cover - I have a key for it and see a **** next to the lock, can you tell me if just turning the key locks the cover? What does the **** do? I tried turning the key but cover did not lock.

2- Can you just put down the hatch window or do you have to put down all windows if you want that window down? I pressed the button on drivers side door and all windows rolled down.

3- The folding mirrors work thank god unlike my older H2 but in this truck you can adjust the mirrors itself left and right but both do not move up and down. Is this a bad switch? I'm assuming its something that controls both mirrors.

3- Truck has 46k miles. I have to use double sided tape to tighten the chrome gas cover, replace drivers side sun visor mirror (plastic cover broken), re-adjust the rubber molding surrounding one rear cab light. Then will powder coat the rockers and undercoat truck.

Drives very well so far. I will post pics over weekend, since Im working today and tomorrow.

thanks in advance for the help.
Mirrors replaced. Figured out how to lock the bed cover. Installed new brake switch and installed tire sensors. Bought a set of rockers in great condition for $185 will have them Line-x'd. Just ordered new black nerf bars. Undercoating next and I will be done finally.

Attached Thumbnails New owner of an 08 SUT-image.png   New owner of an 08 SUT-image.jpeg