PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Extended ride height will not hold

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2012, 08:31 PM
Default Extended ride height will not hold

Hi all, thanks for the help in advance. 2005 SUT LX Adventure package with air ride. To recap system has worked fine until last winter. Occasionally when it is really cold the rear drops down...Suggestions ? Starting last spring extended air ride will not hold. It rises up when the button is pressed, gets to max height and drops down again. Then it goes through this process again, and keep repeating until I shut it down. I have had a left rear position sensor code flashing since I got the truck but have never had any problems until now.

Both sides drop, not just one. I have the airbags to replace since they need it anyway but dont think that is the problem since I have checked the system for leaks and did not find any.... Has anyone suffered this problem ?

Old 11-08-2012, 10:13 PM

Sometimes it seems it does not leak since the rubber rolls a little (kinda like a condom) and might conceal the leak. If you raise it, it will roll up a bit revealing the leak.
So raise the suspension (with the button) and then check again for leaks.
Mine were leaking but the bags did not sag overnight.
Replacing the bags is about $500-550 total. I just did this today

Old 11-09-2012, 05:48 AM

Thanks NL hummer for the reply. I've already bought the airbags and was going to change them regardless. I'm just hoping that is the problem. I didn't think it was the bags cause both sides drop the same. I guess both could be leaking??

Did you have the same problem with your ERH ?? Since you just changed the springs yourself, any tips ?

Old 11-09-2012, 10:52 AM

I cannot take credit to have put them on since someone else did.
I did not try the extra ride hide but I am thinking that is causes the crack to go open more and therefore not stay up.
Als my relay switch of the compressor was sticky so I had that switched out. Seems to be working fine now. I just hope that the compressor has not suffered but it runs without issues

Old 11-11-2012, 04:26 AM

Interesting you say the relay is sticking... I occasionally hear the relay clicking repeatedly when the vehicle is trying to level itself. But even more so when I try to activate the ERH sometimes I have to push the button numerous times before it activates. The same goes for the inflator in the back. Were you having the same symptoms, which led you to the relay ? Man, this keeps getting better and better LOL... Oh well, don't buy a corvette if you can't afford the tires, right !!

Old 11-11-2012, 11:51 AM

symptoms were obvious. The pump did not shut off