PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

This is why you bought a HUMMER!

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2011, 12:59 PM
Default This is why you bought a HUMMER!

Prove that you are not a poser and get there! LOL
Name:  blackmountaininv-001-1.jpg
Views: 68
Size:  161.5 KB

Last edited by HumminNBoatin; 03-18-2011 at 12:43 PM.
Old 03-11-2011, 03:13 PM

Any other girls driving out?? I could use a few days out of the office to let off some steam, don't want to be the only girl. Ladies? Anyone?

Old 03-11-2011, 05:10 PM

Girls..lol..just stay home and make me some food...LOL...IM Soooo KIDDING...

Sounds like a good time.

Old 03-11-2011, 09:07 PM
Smile

Just call me a poser cause I won't be there. But I go to Moab every April and October.

And we will have Ladies out there wheelin their own trucks.

Old 03-12-2011, 12:41 AM

$350.00 for 2 HUMMERs to go wheeling for 2 days! Is the hotel included in that price? If not what IS included in that price besides the breakfast, dinner and tshirts?

Last edited by TAINTER; 03-12-2011 at 12:44 AM.
Old 03-13-2011, 01:54 PM

Here are some quotes from other forums on this very topic to answer your questions.

Uh, let's see, Breakfast, dinner each day, an off road venture with skilled trail leaders and event coordinators, AND the assurance that your Hummer is in capable hands to be repaired, fixed/towed off of a trail if it should breakdown. I kind of think that "peace of mind" is priceless.

Really, a Ripoff!?? That's not worth it to you? Next time you're out on a trail several miles into an ORV Park, and you break down, call a towing company, and remember to tell them to bring you parts to fix your rig, oh yeah and tell them to bring you breakfast and dinner while you wait for them to arrive and then tow you out of the park, and then FIX your rig.

Really? I'd love to see the tow driver bent over laughing with that kind of request.

I think the PRICE is CHEAP for what you're getting from THC. Quoted from other forum post by: richbodygym

Really? Plus paid ORV Park fees, plus an event shirt, plus liability and accident insurance coverage, plus awards and giveaways at the Saturday night dinner, plus the friendships that you will make for life (maybe the most value). Our Club events are priced to break-even and hopefully we accomplish that at each event for the enjoyment of the Club members and to be able to do this again next year! By: Camou2

Old 03-13-2011, 10:14 PM

WOW, ask a question about a THCI event and you get the book thrown at you? Plus, you didn't even answer the question if the hotel was included in that price! WTF!

As a "Director THCI - Events Planning / Ambassador Program" I would think you would WANT to make it clear to someone who was thinking of attending this or any THCI event what they are getting for their event fees. Sounds like the many comments and stories I have read and been told about "elitism" and "better than everyone else" about THCI may have some ring of truth to them. Thank you for making this very transparent.

I can and have fixed our HUMMERs, HUMMERs of others who have broken down on the trail and other brands also. 1/2 shafts, front diffs, shock mounts, transfer cases, drive shafts, etc. We (myself and the others I wheel with) would NEVER leave a man/woman/child/dog or rig (no matter the brand) behind except in an emergency situation.

I have been trying to make it every year to the Grayling run for 3 years now and the timing has not been in the cards. THANK GOD! Looks like my money, my family and our HUMMERs will not be attending ANY of the THCI events now or in the future.

Old 03-14-2011, 08:07 AM

Tainter,

I think you did not read the previous post carefully, I stated that "here are some quotes from other forums on this very subject"

In that post you get feedback from the general public's opinion on paying to go to a club event. I am sorry that you are sorely mistaken about your perception of our "elitism" We have club members of every walk of life and welcome them with open arms.

In fact last year at Black Mountain we had several Jeeps registered and running with us. I can assure you that you should "try it before you knock it" You honestly cannot speak intelligently about what happens at a THCI event untill you go to one.

Let me answer a couple questions that have been brought up.

You have to pay for your hotel room. We have a group rate of $79/Night at the Holiday Inn Express in Harlan, KY.

Yes we have very many female drivers! In fact we usually have 2.5 people per truck at our event. These are very family friendly events.

The money you pay to go to a THCI event goes right back to you. Event Shirts, Meals, Insurance, Park Fees etc etc... Instead of you pulling out your wallet several times a day you open it once.

It's sad that people think THCI has some kind of hidden agenda. THCI is a non profit club that tries to do nothing more than promote safe family off-road fun. No one is paid. If money is made from an event it goes right back into the club. It's used to pay for things such as the Azimuth Magazine, Insurance and help fund the upfront costs for the next event or to help recoup the costs for money lost on an event. It all comes back to the club members.

I guarantee that if you come to this event you will get your money's worth! Actually, I think I am going to do is post up some testamonials from people who went last year.

Old 03-14-2011, 10:23 AM

Originally Posted by colbymh
Girls..lol..just stay home and make me some food...LOL...IM Soooo KIDDING...

Sounds like a good time.
Damn that's cold. Don't be such a hater LOL

Old 03-14-2011, 10:41 AM

Originally Posted by HumminNBoatin

Let me answer a couple questions that have been brought up.

You have to pay for your hotel room. We have a group rate of $79/Night at the Holiday Inn Express in Harlan, KY.

Yes we have very many female drivers! In fact we usually have 2.5 people per truck at our event. These are very family friendly events.

The money you pay to go to a THCI event goes right back to you. Event Shirts, Meals, Insurance, Park Fees etc etc... Instead of you pulling out your wallet several times a day you open it once.

I guarantee that if you come to this event you will get your money's worth! Actually, I think I am going to do is post up some testamonials from people who went last year.
I, for one, am glad to see something like this where I can take my boys and do something fun. It's tough finding things to do with them when you have to be mom AND dad. We are going to make it out if at all possible. Thanks THCI for the effort!

Quick Reply: This is why you bought a HUMMER!