Hummer H2 For those who like a little more gleam to their Hummer, the H2 offers a similar rugged look as the H1, but as a lower cost, and with more added features, making it almost a massive luxury SUV.

Thinking about putting a 6" fabtech lift on my h2

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2012, 08:36 AM
Default Thinking about putting a 6" fabtech lift on my h2

I wanted some feedback from people with this lift on thier h2 suv with coil rear suspension. How does the truck drive with this lift on it? Does it feel tipsy? Do police harass you? How hard is the install...since my truck doesn't fit in my garage anymore (since putting 37" tires on) I'm gonna be paying someone to do it...what should I expect to be charged? How long of a job is it? Any complaints about the system? I also want the dirt logic dual shocks with upper & lower control arms....all feedback welcome...thanks in advance.

Old 09-02-2012, 11:56 AM

$1500-2000 install.

I would regear for those tires before you lift.

If your clear w/ the 37's, why even lift?

Old 09-02-2012, 01:48 PM

Originally Posted by bflorin
$1500-2000 install.

I would regear for those tires before you lift.

If your clear w/ the 37's, why even lift?
I like how they look lifted honestly...why regear? what gear if I do regear?

Old 09-02-2012, 06:23 PM

The police dont ever harass me. I do sometimes get a thumbs up from them.... they mostly stick to those young men with the 1980(s) Buick's, Cutlass, Regals, LTD,s, Crown Vics....ext with the 22" wheels on them. I have seen this happen

Old 09-02-2012, 08:46 PM

Originally Posted by Caraddict
I like how they look lifted honestly...why regear? what gear if I do regear?
If you think the loss of power is something that's acceptable to you, then don't regear. If you would like to get back some snappyness in the throttle then 4.88 gears would be great for your tire size.

Most people only do the lift to accommodate larger tires. Like my 04- there was no way in hell 37" tires would fit. Couldn't turn the wheels full lock. There are some variances in the h2s where 37s fit fine, not in others.

How much crap your going to get for the lift is going to be unique to where you live. Some places could write you up for anything whiles others don't want to waste their time on it.

My first impression after the 6" fabtech was installed was it felt significantly different than stock. Not better or worse, just took some adjusting to the new handling characteristics. You will not gain anything besides being able to put larger tires on it. If you only wanted a couple inches, you could get a body lift around $300 plus install.

I'm not aware of anyone making lower control arms. Cognito makes uppers, but they cause other issues and require some other components to fix. Your not gaining much w them but looks. They don't acknowledge the issue, but search the forums to find out what else needs to be done w them. I believe some limiting straps needed to be added.

Old 09-03-2012, 07:49 AM

If you only wanted a couple inches, you could get a body lift around $300 plus install
I was not aware anyone made a body lift? I just want to make my truck look bigger...maybe I'll start with a body lift? I really like the look of hummers with the fabtech lift & dual front shock....decisions decisions....

Old 09-03-2012, 11:43 AM

There is not an "official" body lift for the h2, but you use a truck kit and have to order a couple extra parts. Its no big deal. There is a 3 page thread on body lifts over at elcova forums if you search there.

Old 09-03-2012, 02:57 PM

There is not an "official" body lift for the h2, but you use a truck kit and have to order a couple extra parts. Its no big deal. There is a 3 page thread on body lifts over at elcova forums if you search there.
Got a link? Or can you please email it to me? Bmwvette@gmail.com Thankyou in advance...

Old 09-03-2012, 03:56 PM
Old 09-04-2012, 07:49 PM

Thankyou for the link....I like the look of the fabtech lift better then a body lift...don't feel like messing with my bumpers..Plus wouldn't a body lift kinda be cheese compared to a fabtech suspension lift....you say no real benifits of the lift...wouldn't I gain ground clearance in snow? I really just want to make my rig look bigger & badder!

Quick Reply: Thinking about putting a 6" fabtech lift on my h2