PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Squeaky noise coming from front end

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2011, 10:58 PM
Default Squeaky noise coming from front end

I need help finding out what would be making a squeaky noise when I turn the wheel coming from the front end. I seems to do it more when the vehicle is cold. It only does it when I am moving and turning. Thanks

Old 11-15-2011, 12:06 AM

Originally Posted by chris1962
I need help finding out what would be making a squeaky noise when I turn the wheel coming from the front end. I seems to do it more when the vehicle is cold. It only does it when I am moving and turning. Thanks
Well Chris, you've had 135 views & nobody seems to have an idea. I really hope you get an answer because my 03' does the same thing & I've had everything lubed & greased & it still does it, so hopefully somebody will step up & give us an answer. I have noticed on some of the threads though, there's been 200-300 views & only 1 or 2 comments (thought that was the whole purpose of a forum, was to share info?) Good Luck!

Old 11-15-2011, 07:58 AM

Thanks But I have found the problem finally on my own. I have been hearing this noise for the last year or so getting worse and worse. I lubed up everything I could find and this never worked,finally I checked the front wheel bearing assembly and that was the problem the whole time. I replaced it and it is quiet just like new again. Do not buy the part from the dealer or have a shop put it on because they are really trying to high grose you. Buy the part from Oreily for less than $200.00 and you can install it in less than a hour. The dealership is trying to get $500.00 to $600.00 aside. Good Luck Every One. Thanks

Old 11-15-2011, 07:11 PM

Thanks But I have found the problem finally on my own. I have been hearing this noise for the last year or so getting worse and worse. I lubed up everything I could find and this never worked,finally I checked the front wheel bearing assembly and that was the problem the whole time. I replaced it and it is quiet just like new again. Do not buy the part from the dealer or have a shop put it on because they are really trying to high grose you. Buy the part from Oreily for less than $200.00 and you can install it in less than a hour. The dealership is trying to get $500.00 to $600.00 aside. Good Luck Every One. Thanks
Great, Thanks chris I will have to do that. I'm fixing to sell it & that definitely wouldn't sound very good on a test drive (probably be the first question they would ask) I also had everything lubed & greased to no avail. So hopefully that is what it is.

Old 11-16-2011, 09:56 AM

Chris, I just left my buddies garage & sure enough that front left wheel bearing is BAD! It was the only one, now that I think about it, it was always that front left that was making all that squealing noise. THANK YOU for sharing your info with us. Cause I've (kinda like you but not quite a year) have been trying to find out what was making that noise for the last 5-6 months.

Old 11-17-2011, 08:46 AM

My pleasure helping you with the problem. My wife's h2 was doing the same thing for over a year, squeaky noise coming from right front end and it kept getting worse over time. Like you I lubed everything I could find with no prevail.Glad you found the problem. Have a good one. Chris

Old 11-17-2011, 11:07 AM

My pleasure helping you with the problem. My wife's h2 was doing the same thing for over a year, squeaky noise coming from right front end and it kept getting worse over time. Like you I lubed everything I could find with no prevail.Glad you found the problem. Have a good one. Chris
Hey Chris, that's what Forums are all about in the first place isn't it! Thanks Again!

Old 11-20-2011, 05:08 PM
Default sway bar.

Just encased others come across this as well. I had a weird groan/creaking coming from my front end every time I cut the wheel hard while backing up. Finally pulled the clamps off the front sway bar, cleaned it and grease it up. Took care of my problem. Just another option for guys to check before spending the money and time on wheel bearings.