PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Should i trade a 04 Ram for H2 Hummer

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2010, 12:59 PM
Default Should i trade a 04 Ram for H2 Hummer

Here is the deal, I have a 04 dodge ram 1500 quad cab with 94k. beautiful truck and lots of mods. Blue book on these trucks arent much anymore but i love it. Also its pretty mint shape

A guy i know has a 04 H2 with 108k. Difference is he didnt take care of his. there is alot of small stuff to fix. nothing too major. shifter button fell of, plastic on back bumper fell of, carpet is horrible.

I love the h2 and it seems like my only chance to own one anytime in the near future. What do you think? He wants my truck and 1,000 bucks.

Are there any places that sell carpet and misc parts at a decent price?

Old 03-08-2010, 02:51 PM

Sounds like a bad deal man. I would stay the hell away from an H2 that was not maintained. These trucks require maintenance. I am willing to bet the whole front end is trashed on that truck.

Things to inspect:
Hubs
Ball joints-upper and lower
Idler Arm
Pitman Arm
tie rods
shocks
diff fluids
xfer case fluid

If he has not changed these parts out at 108K I am certain that they are all needing to be done. And with the H2 beeing AWD diff and tcase fluids are extremely important to change.
This H2 could be a nightmare for you. Just beware.

Old 03-10-2010, 05:51 AM

Thanks HumminNBoatin, I planned on replacing these things anyway. Anyone else have any input?
Does anyone know a good website to find misc interior and exterior parts for a decent price or anywhere i can pick up a totaled h2 to pull parts off of?

Old 03-10-2010, 08:00 AM

Allot of guys go to GMpartsdirect.com to get hard to find parts. If you stick around on the forum you will find guys parting out totaled rigs. What exactly are you looking for.

If you planned on replacing those parts just make sure you check the fluids in the diffs and transfercase. If he has been through Deep water and never changed the fluids this could be very bad. Ask him if he has ever done deep water.

Old 03-10-2010, 11:24 AM

I sold my 2007 Ram 3500 with lots of upgrades and custom parts for my 2008 H2, and I love it. The gas mileage isn't quite as good as the Diesel, but the ride is so much better and there are more options inside as well. If you can find n H2 in good shape, I'd go for it!
I could go 950 km on a tank in my truck and the H2 is about 700. The Ram had a 128L tank and the H2 has 121L, so just about the same amount.

Old 03-10-2010, 04:59 PM

i saw a complete H2 carpet for sale on Ebay just a few days ago.
might get reposted, but i dont know if it sold or not. rememebr he was asking about $300 for it

Old 03-10-2010, 06:17 PM

carpet is easy and relatively inexpensive. I would just get it from a gm dealer. It comes pre cut with all the necessary holes for everything and its not expensive at all.
The carpet is the easy and cheap part of it all.

Old 03-10-2010, 08:02 PM

Thanks for all the replies,

I decided to go ahead and trade my ram for the h2, after all my blue book is only like 8-9k and the hummer in good condition is well over 15k. I plan to do everything that should be done around 100k. Any more info of the checklist will help. Other than that i need to focus on the interior. The previous owner didnt take care of it much at all, the interior was never cleaned and he smoked "cigars" in it all the time with the windows up. Carpet is on the checklist with alot of minor details on the inside. The shifter button is broke, the battery gauge reads zero, check engine light is on, seats not too bad but will replace them if i can, the door locks are puched out because it was stolen once in miami and the stereo taken, some of the plastic on the door handle is worn...and so on and so forth. Thats why i am looking for a wrecked h2 with great interior.. also the plastic that goes on the back bumper that says hummer has come off due to the plastic snaps...any idea where i can find the misc parts? I LOVE the h2 and plan to keep it along time if not forever. Any advise for upkeep will help alot and any link to buy misc parts. Thanks to everyone for the input and please anyone else with a opinion please speak up

Old 03-12-2010, 11:11 PM

Hands down get the H2...Dodge's are everywhere. Not everyone has an H2

Old 03-13-2010, 07:16 AM

You might try one of those ionizers to remove the cigar residue. I never did but dealers swear by them. It may be inside the ductwork if the windows were always up.

Quick Reply: Should i trade a 04 Ram for H2 Hummer