PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

questions about an 07 Hummer H2

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2011, 07:08 PM
Default questions about an 07 Hummer H2

i am in the Process of Purchasing a 2007 Hummer H2..I have been talking to a few friends and have told me to stay away from hummers because of the High Gas mileage and constant Break Downs...I am doing some research before i do actually make the purchase and want to learn if its the right vehicle for me..

I dont have an issue with gas Mileage...dont really care what gas is gonna cost,,im always gonna need it and always gonna use it,,No Matter the price..

What are the common Problems with the 2007 Hummer H2..someone was saying how much of a lemon they are...

How is the Ride Quality and steering control for the 2007 Hummer H2...does it ride like an army Tank..

If you can answer some questions for me regarding the 2007 Hummer h2..i would greatly appreciate it..

Old 04-08-2011, 07:32 PM

I recently bought a 06 h2 and love it. No issues yet but it only has 25,000 miles.It drives very nice. Turning ratio is nice & over all drives nice like a Cadillac with a high stance. You gotta get use to it's size but once you do you like the size trust me! Gas milage is pathetic ( I'm averaging 10 and get 12ish on highway)! My biggest complaint with my h2 is the negativity that goes with the truck. Check out fuh2.com imagine people hate you and judge you just cause you own a Hummer. I still love my Hummer and say f them!

Last edited by Caraddict; 04-08-2011 at 07:36 PM.
Old 04-09-2011, 08:58 AM

I have owned three hummers and loved each one. I have NEVER had any issues with any of them at all.

Funny how people who have never owned one, know all about them.

If you buy one, you'll never want to drive anything else.

Currently, I have an H2 06 with 85000 on it. Put a cat back system on it and am getting just at 18 mpg highway.

My H2 05 got 17.5 which is about what my 07 H3 got overall.

I am telling you, the H2 is a MACHINE, and the most comfortable and safe drive you will ever own.

Not to mention, it is definitely a manly man vehicle.

Most techs I have spoke with prefer the 06 or 07 H2 for some reason.

Old 04-09-2011, 03:14 PM

Same here, I have owned several....My 08 H3 Alpha being my favorite....I like the more compact yet large enough to be comfortable feel. I have never had an issue with any and I pushing 80K on the 08....I drive A LOT and you can't beat it.....If I could only find about 20 with no miles they would probably last me the rest of my life....looks like I will just have to wait until this one breaks and fix it...it's not going away anytime soon.....as for the statement about people saying they break all the time...well, they have never owned one.

BTW, 12 MPG with 5.3 running 35" Nitto Trail Grapplers.

Old 04-09-2011, 04:40 PM

Yeah, I miss my H3. The handling and the agility is absolutely amazing. The turning radius is beyond anything I have driven. You just can't believe it till you own it.

I prefer the H3 but had to upgrade to the king (H2) because it's just is one bad machine and nothing compares to that bad boy.

Besides, I rather enjoy putting pick up trucks like the hemi, chevy and fords in their place when I'm next to them. Somebody has to.

Old 04-09-2011, 08:50 PM
Old 04-11-2011, 08:14 PM

I have a 2007 H2, 88,000 miles on it. Love it. 12.5 mpg on hwy going 78, 15 mpg going 55. Had to replace the battery, the catalytic converter and something in the rear air suspention...all under warranty. Cost me nada and drives like a dream. I'm leaving here on a 6000 mile trip dragging a travel trailer without a worry in the world AND I'll be riding in style. Buying another one when the warranty runs out....used, of course.

Old 04-11-2011, 10:53 PM

Originally Posted by poppee59
I have a 2007 H2, 88,000 miles on it. Love it. 12.5 mpg on hwy going 78, 15 mpg going 55. Had to replace the battery, the catalytic converter and something in the rear air suspention...all under warranty. Cost me nada and drives like a dream. I'm leaving here on a 6000 mile trip dragging a travel trailer without a worry in the world AND I'll be riding in style. Buying another one when the warranty runs out....used, of course.
What kind of TT? What is the weight? What kind of hitch?

I ask because I have an H3 and my wife wants to get an H2 so that we can go RVing. She doesn't want to trail along solo in the H3 following the RV, so my plan is to have the H3 as the DD and the H2 as the tow vehicle and part time DD. Our TT weighs just over 6000lbs. It's a 27' Prowler and we have a Hensley hitch. It towed great behind our Tahoe; until last year when a s#@*& blew a stop sign and totaled the Tahoe.

Old 04-12-2011, 08:29 AM

We bought a used Sunnybrook, 24 ft aluminum frame TT. Empty, it's just over 4100lbs- full, it could be closer, if not over, 7000lbs. The H2's max trailering weight is 8200lbs, with the tongue weight no more than 1000. The hitch I use, and HIGHLY recommend, is the "Equal-i-zer"...it equalizes, stablizes (no need for stabilizer bars) and you can back your trailer up with it all hitched up - I guess some equalizing/stabilizing hitches you have to take the bars off.... Anyway, the "Equal-i-zer" cost $750 from the dealer, $425 on Ebay plus $65 shipping. Trailer place down the street said they would've put it on for $50. It's worth it to let someone else do it- my brother and I did it and it wasn't bad but next time I'm spending the $50.

Now, the only problem with all of this is the spare tire being on the back of the H2- I had to take the whole swing arm/spare tire holder off just to beable to back up close enough to the trailer to hook it up, so I'll have to keep my spare in the back of the H2. I don't know if it's because the trailer is so old (1997) or what...can't use an extender because then you can only pull 65% of your allotted weight. So, check it out- it might be because my trailer is old- picked it up cherry for $3500 though....looks like it's been used maybe 3 times.
Good luck.

Old 04-15-2011, 12:44 AM

thanks for all your Answers..they were really informative and im seriously Considering buying the Hummer H2...One Question i had was with the Towing,,and thankfully Poppee59 Just answered it...i was about to purchase a 2006 Ford F250 or F350 because i got a 32 Foot Travel Trailer with a Towing weight of about 9200lbs..I also am a Snow Crab and Lobster Fisherman and im constantly Towing Heavy Loads..but i have always wanted a Hummer h2...My Buddy has an 03 Hummer H2 with the 37inch Tires on it...Really Sweet Looking machine...Met up with him today and it just sparked my interest More...I currently Am Driving a 02 Yukon denali and its an alright vehicle ( for the Wife )...Once again..thanks for all the answers and if i do Purchase an H2..Ill be sure to add some Pics...

Quick Reply: questions about an 07 Hummer H2