PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need advice for Speakers

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2016, 07:12 AM

I got a pair of these
Polk Audio DB401 4-Inch Pair Coaxial Speakers

Amazon showed as directly fit for hummer however no way you can put these back there without drilling and mod the grill

I kept the oem tweets on front and those on back but i wasn't looking for a killer sound just a little improvement
The main reason I replaced the speakers and amp didnt match the headunit making a static noise . The oem amp didn't have any adjustments

I don't have the center speaker which I think is a Sub . I think you should try to match the same as the Oem but I wouldn't be so worry about the tweeters. Most high quality speakers will perform so good you won't be able to notice those on pillars
Let me know what you get

I'm not 100% happy with my speakers choice . Will replaced soon

Old 05-16-2016, 03:48 PM

Got it thanks for the advice. I'm leaning for Hertz MPK 165.3 in each door, a Hertz HX250D 10" sub. I will leave the bose subwoofer under the center console as too much grief to remove it, but I also have a center speaker at the top front of the dash, this isn't a sub, i'm torn on this, but i think it's probably better just disconnected. I do want to leave everything standard. I did see this -

GM 5863078 15186672 Rear Trim w/ Bose Speaker | eBay

So i see the speaker is a 50mm in the rear trim. I believe the tweeter I'm looking at is 25mm, so am hoping it would be small enough to fit in behind it. I have seen the work these guys do with regards to fabrication and blending, so whatever the result, if i go for it, it will look tasteful and semi oem anyway. If there was any way in the world, i could just get a decent line out of this damn Y91 radio, i'd just add an amp + sub myself!

Old 05-17-2016, 07:36 AM

I didnt know there was a model with a center speaker under dash
Either way I agree with the shop and get that one disconnected. With high quality speakers and amp you won't notice the difference . How u planning to imstall the Sub?
I fid all the job myself . Was fairly easy . Only regret I wish I had spend a little more to get better quality
The speakers (Sony) are ok for a corolla but not what I was looking for .
The headunit ( kenwood) Gps fail after 1 year . It freeze
The Amp ( pioneer) is very good for the price . Maybe will be better after replacing the speakers

Now I got to replace the unit and speakers very soon again

Please keep update how it came out . Im very interested in the Hertz speakers and what you found for the rear and pillar tweeters

Old 05-26-2016, 08:04 PM

Well i have hertz on my 4 doors i think the previews owner had the front twetters replaced too . with time i had seen a increase on vibration/rattle coming from the rear doors first an now front the front ones too . i cant tell how old this Hertz are but im looking to replace everything including the radio . my only problem that i see so far is that the last person to work on this truck glued the driver side door panel so i have no idea how the hell im gona deal with that ...

Old 05-27-2016, 05:52 AM

If they've gone to the trouble of replacing the speakers etc, maybe they've got some kind of sound deadening in between the door card and the interior skin thats making it tough to pry off ?! Can't imagine someone would glue a panel on, i mean what if the door switch needed replacing or window motor etc....

If you do get the card off and have a look, i'd be interested in seeing/hearing if the guy put any sound deadening material on the door skins. I'm being quoted for the overall sound install, and the shop want to sound deaden the whole cab (i.e. interior out). I did ask around to see if anyone else had ever had this done and is it overkill ? i am not trying to break any records, i just want to listen to quality music, in a quiet environment!

Old 05-27-2016, 06:29 AM

Originally Posted by hmer
Well i have hertz on my 4 doors i think the previews owner had the front twetters replaced too . with time i had seen a increase on vibration/rattle coming from the rear doors first an now front the front ones too . i cant tell how old this Hertz are but im looking to replace everything including the radio . my only problem that i see so far is that the last person to work on this truck glued the driver side door panel so i have no idea how the hell im gona deal with that ...
hey i saw this - might help you visualise what you're pulling against when trying to remove the door card.

Hummer H2 door panel removal

Old 05-28-2016, 07:14 PM

, i just want to listen to quality music, in a quiet environment!"

If you get that in a Hummer I will be interesting in doing the same
Not for the music quality but to get rid of the amount of noise in the cabin
Something Ive been complaining for a long time
Ive been checking the Hertz but out of my current budget
Where and how much u found it

Old 05-29-2016, 01:20 PM

Before you attempt to remove the door panel . Buy a few of the clips
Amazon.com: 10 GM Trim Panel Retainers 11519032: Automotive Amazon.com: 10 GM Trim Panel Retainers 11519032: Automotive
Most possible you will need to replace a few

Old 05-29-2016, 01:20 PM

Before you attempt to remove the door panel . Buy a few of the clips
Amazon.com: 10 GM Trim Panel Retainers 11519032: Automotive Amazon.com: 10 GM Trim Panel Retainers 11519032: Automotive
Most possible you will need to replace a few

Old 05-30-2016, 03:50 AM

Now that my 2 is garaged I'm going to start ripping in to some things like the doors to finally install the billet door buckets I've had sitting in my garage for years.

Replace the speakers while I'm at it and maybe throw some Dynamat on the door panels to see if it reduces rattling.

Quick Reply: Need advice for Speakers