PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just bought H2 -notice it doesnt stay in 4H, sometimes goes to N

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2011, 08:40 AM
Default Just bought H2 -notice it doesnt stay in 4H, sometimes goes to N

Anyone know why this would be happening? Is it a problem?

Old 07-08-2011, 08:46 AM
Super Moderator

I've never seen one go into N.... maybe an encoder motor...

FWIW, IMHO, after only 2 weeks of ownership and you have 3 major issues, including a CEI...

I would drive that back to the dealer and demand it repaired, and if not, I would hire an attorney.

The major issues you are having are clearly not normal wear and tear and clearly are not items that could have gone unnoticed by ANY person, trained in automotive repair or not.

Old 07-08-2011, 03:24 PM

I would also recommend that you visit your dealer. I can also look into this issue further. In order to do more research, I will need some more specific information from you such as your name, address, phone number, the VIN for the vehicle, current mileage, and dealer name. If you have further questions, please feel free to contact me either on the thread or via private message. Thank you.

Tricia, GM Customer Service.

Old 07-12-2011, 03:08 PM

Originally Posted by GMCustomerService
I would also recommend that you visit your dealer. I can also look into this issue further. In order to do more research, I will need some more specific information from you such as your name, address, phone number, the VIN for the vehicle, current mileage, and dealer name. If you have further questions, please feel free to contact me either on the thread or via private message. Thank you.

Name:  Peggy.jpg
Views: 133
Size:  8.0 KB

You can find your own local HUMMER certified dealer without giving Peggy any information. hummer.com and click on the "service" tab.

Last edited by TAINTER; 07-12-2011 at 03:11 PM.
Old 07-18-2011, 10:14 AM

anyone know why this would happen?

Old 07-18-2011, 01:49 PM

Is it actually going into neutral or is it just the light changing? Sometimes when I start mine the indicator light says I'm in neutral but I'm still in 4Hi

Old 07-25-2011, 04:41 AM

even for my hummer also this problem occurs.
sometime wen i start my car, the Red Neutral Light is ON..then while driving i have to press 4HI and then Yellow 4HI light is ON...
and this occurs almost daily.i couldn't figure out the problem!!!

while Red Neutral Light is ON i can drive the car even at 170km/h(i tested)

Old 08-03-2011, 12:36 PM
Default I had the same thing happen at around 89,000 miles.

I had the same thing happen and replaced the Transfer case motor for about $170. I did it myself took about 20 minutes. had the transfer case flushed just as a precaution afterwards at a local shop.

Old 08-03-2011, 07:22 PM

Originally Posted by GMCustomerService

Alsoght bought a 2006 H2 two weeks ago and experience same thing. Only happens once and a while. Would be glad to email info if u r interested.
Thanks, Ryan

Old 08-03-2011, 10:33 PM

Originally Posted by ka3ohl
Alsoght bought a 2006 H2 two weeks ago and experience same thing. Only happens once and a while. Would be glad to email info if u r interested.
Thanks, Ryan
Please Ryan, don't give Peggy any information. If you read through her posts she has NEVER helped anyone with ANY issue. All she will do is make you an appointment with your dealer. You can do that on your own.

If you don't believe me just start a thread and ask if GMCustomerService Tricia/Peggy has EVER been able to help ANYONE.

Quick Reply: Just bought H2 -notice it doesnt stay in 4H, sometimes goes to N