Hummer H2 For those who like a little more gleam to their Hummer, the H2 offers a similar rugged look as the H1, but as a lower cost, and with more added features, making it almost a massive luxury SUV.

inside door handles, center console, other ??'s

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2012, 09:40 PM
Default inside door handles, center console, other ??'s

hey guys,

Im picking up an 03 lux in a couple of weeks and have a couple of questions on stuff that i have to take a look at when i get it.

The leather on the door handle pulls are loose- any way to fix them? sew them a bit, shrink them up a bit, put something inside of them to stretch them out again?

the center console is loose around the shift lever and stuff, this seems to be a bit of a common thing on the 2 that i looked at, is there a way to keep them from moving around?

a good nav style radio recommendation?

xm setup on the 03, what do i need to do to get it working?

any tips on a hitch setup for 44s and 7" of lift? im thinking an 8" drop if i can find one, i have to see if i can find one. think it would be a good idea to make another support to run back to the frame?

im sure ill have some more questions too once i get it home. It needs a bit of work but is in good shape. its sunset orange, lux with the air comp still in it, full throttle lift, 44 boggers, 20" centerline wheels, full flow master, ceramic headers and manifolds gone over, intake, tune, dual front shocks with rezzies, single back with rezzies, and subs that arent hooked up and will be out

things it needs to have done: new windshield since it has a couple of chips in it, good cleaning, needs a bit of touch up on it, bit of trimming on the front wheel wells since the 44s rub slightly. I can get a new shield for about 225 installed so thats not really a big deal.

Its got a slight bit of rust that ill get cleaned up in one door and i need to fix a chip spot on the back lid thats about the size of a quarter. Other than that, its good to go. my dad has been a painter for 35 years and will take care of it at his shop for me. it will get done properly

i might get a 3rd row seat again for it in the near future since in wont be hauling much with it. it will be nicer to have the 3rd row sitting back there if needed. locally they are about 1400 bucks.

future mods: warn winch with the carrier for the hitch, exo-cage, some LED lights inside, locking diffs maybe, some 38-40" A/T tires and rims for towing in the winter when sledding, and probably a few other things that i cant think of right now.

cant wait to pick it up in a couple of weeks! the plans are already made for it. its great to find one that is pretty much done with what i wanted to do with it. I was planning to do the lift, tires, and exhaust anyway.

thanks for any tips,
Steve

Old 05-24-2012, 07:14 PM

BUMP for picking it up tomorrow!!!!

steve

Old 05-25-2012, 07:56 AM

Would like to see it ! Put up some pics when you get it

Old 05-25-2012, 03:42 PM

i wouldn't go over 6" and 38's if you want it to still drive decent and tow.

Old 05-25-2012, 07:32 PM
Default 3rd row seats

You can get the 3rd row seats for much less than $1400. on ebay or Craigslist. take your time and shop around. Sites like these almost always have members looking to buy/sell/trade stuff !!!

Enjoy your H2!

Old 05-26-2012, 01:22 PM

If you're looking for the drop hitch for the receiver, go to Etrailer.com. They've got the best selection and prices--and no I'm not involved with them, just used their services and they are great.
As for the extra seat, surf Craigslist for a while, you'll find most selling between $350-$400, and can actually find them for less brand new. Don't pay any more than that.

Old 05-26-2012, 09:36 PM

I have a third row seat in excellent condition. It is Wheat Leather. PM me if interested

Old 05-27-2012, 11:19 AM

Thanks for the info everyone!! Ill check out the drop hitches and stuff this week so that i can have one in case i want to tow with it. it most likely wont be pulling anything but you never know. we have a silverado and suburban to pull stuff with lol.

emtae- ill let you know soon about the 3rd row, im not sure what i want to do with one yet. theres a sub box in there now that has to come out this week before i can take a look at what i have for space back there.

theres the new ride

44s 7inch and such on it as listed above. it really handles pretty well considering how big the lift is and how big the tires are. the tires a a bit big though, it rubs quite a bit and is probably beyond trimming possibilities so ill just leave it and find some different 40s or 42 some time. till then, its fun to say that they are 44s it runs pretty well with the full exhaust and stuff on it with the 4.10s that are in it. it runs about 2000-2100 rpms at 60 so thats not too bad. it gets 8 mpg also if anyone is wondering what it runs with the 44s. speedo is off about 12-13 mph also, im not sure if it is compensated for or not.

one issue is that it flashes check air suspension on the dash, the air comp does work but the air bags are out and he said that everything is plugged properly.

the other is the traction control light flashes along with the ride height if i push the control button. both go off if i turn the light off. is the traction control on or off when the light is flashing? CJ said that it could be an error, any info on it?

Thanks,
Steve

Old 05-29-2012, 06:08 PM

bump

the lights that were flashing for the air ride and stuff went off again so im happy about that. although something is still messed up lol. it still flashes service air susp also, any info on that? i will probably get a programmer for it some time to adjust for the tires and give it a tune. I thought it had one in it but its hard to say since the tires arent adjusted for or anything. Any info on if you can adjust the speedo for 44s?

steve