PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I just learned that....

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2014, 03:09 PM
Default I just learned that....

Like many other 2003 thru 2007 H2 owners with wheat interior I could use a driver front door panel. (Its a shame because its pretty nice other then the map pocket)

I just learned that the wheat colored H2 door panels for the leather interior 2003 -thru 2007 are still available from GM, all but the driver side rear. My local Chevy dealer has indeed confirmed this.

At $785 for a driver front I may have to order one...

Old 08-14-2014, 04:18 PM

This would make sense as to why the previous owner glued my driver rear map pocket back to the door, rather than buying a new one. lol

Old 08-17-2014, 01:32 PM

No doubt! I invested a whoppin $6.99 in a tube of 2 part plastic epoxy and solved all kinds of rattles in both front door panels. Amazing how cheesy some of the mount points and structure are on somethin so big. Revell makes models out of thicker plastic... Lol

Old 08-17-2014, 02:31 PM

Originally Posted by Rockin Horse
No doubt! I invested a whoppin $6.99 in a tube of 2 part plastic epoxy and solved all kinds of rattles in both front door panels. Amazing how cheesy some of the mount points and structure are on somethin so big. Revell makes models out of thicker plastic... Lol
Soo true, after almost a year of looking for a replacement drivers door panel to replace mine with a busted map pocket, a local salvage yard called me Fridaywith a mint one (even emailed me a pic) they ended up busting it taking it apart!

Old 08-17-2014, 02:45 PM

Doh!!! That sux big time. What were they charging ya for it? Just curious if the yards are aware of the lofty price tag on new ones.

Old 08-17-2014, 04:04 PM

Originally Posted by Rockin Horse
Doh!!! That sux big time. What were they charging ya for it? Just curious if the yards are aware of the lofty price tag on new ones.
Aprox 50% of new $325.

Old 08-20-2014, 10:31 AM

Melt the tabs from the broken pocket and have the junk yard sent you the scrap door panel with the pocket. Carefully melt/form/and remove the good pocket and reattach.

Or use screws. Drill a small hole on the outside so a screwdriver/drill can fit and screw thru the tabs.

Old 08-20-2014, 09:57 PM

here in houston i had seen used door panels for 200 and i have to remove the darn thing on my own . I also have the wheat color and want to get balck ones later on if posible . even if i had the money i cant see myself paying 800 for a door panel ....

Old 08-21-2014, 05:30 PM

I saw one set of rears going on eBay but four hundred seemed like too much. now the left rear is gone and it looks like I may end up having to convince my interior guy into letting me spend more than that for custom door panels to go with the seats. I wanted black anyway. Anyone know if there are black grab handles for an 03?

Old 08-21-2014, 08:10 PM

Originally Posted by jmudler
Melt the tabs from the broken pocket and have the junk yard sent you the scrap door panel with the pocket. Carefully melt/form/and remove the good pocket and reattach.

Or use screws. Drill a small hole on the outside so a screwdriver/drill can fit and screw thru the tabs.
You know if they would sell the one I was going buy to to me cheap enough I would consider it..

Quick Reply: I just learned that....