Hummer H2 For those who like a little more gleam to their Hummer, the H2 offers a similar rugged look as the H1, but as a lower cost, and with more added features, making it almost a massive luxury SUV.

Hummer H2 cold air intake/ filter options

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2015, 01:09 PM

We are not talking superchargers here. You want a longer lasting filter, which I throw away anyways when I use them. Wash this..... Trash... And the setup IS NOT GOING TO DO YOU ANYTHING IN THE POWER DEPARTMENT changing any of it. As I said, it has cold air intake from factory and you are only taking a different shaped filter with the same overall open area and putting it through an air pipe that goes to the same place. This may be like a double post, but me repeating it a hundred times makes the same sense as changing the factory cold-air intake.
Spend the extra money on replacing a leather seat pad cover that may be worn out. List price driver seat leather ebony: $218.00 ( lenient dealer parts guy, or through GMPartsDirect.com )
Don't waste your money.

Old 05-02-2015, 05:28 PM

Would a filter like this increase fuel economy at all?

Airaid Air Filter 03 09 Hummer H2 6 0L Direct Replacement Filter | eBay

Thanks

Old 05-03-2015, 09:49 AM

Originally Posted by johnygoat
Would a filter like this increase fuel economy at all?

Airaid Air Filter 03 09 Hummer H2 6 0L Direct Replacement Filter | eBay

Thanks

No manufacturer puts CFM ability on their product display or package, but one can be measured against another if wanted be. I don't think that it will do anything except suck air in the side of the filter than through the face, like it was supposed to. And suck the price of three filters out of your pocket. The oem fits very tightly and nicely snug due to the filter box design. I don't see how you are going to get it seated with it's shape.
Chances are you will never wash and re-oil it anyways.
Buy an oem filter and spend the balance of the savings to fill up your tank.

Old 05-17-2015, 01:08 PM

Just put my AFe dry filter in mine (2009, airdoc pipe, standard box). Been running round with the airdoc on for a while now with the standard filter. The original filter, wasn't too bad, so kept it as a spare. New filter seemed ok, seems well made. No difference in induction noise (the airdoc had already provided that from taking out the seagull). I think it breathes a tad better as i don't have the initial pause and then the whoosh that the 6.2 used to give, now it seems to be a little more linear. Could be more in my head though as i've been driving round in a new dodge challenger as a hire car for 2 weeks , although that feeling of smoothing out the acceleration i've had before when putting a CAI in various cars (turbo's and NAs).

Will report more on fuelling to see if any changes. Here in Russia they measure the fulelling in litres per 100km. I was 14.5l before the airdoc, 14.2 after, and will see if this reduces it further (or increases it!).

Old 05-19-2015, 10:13 AM

Originally Posted by JMGPhila
No manufacturer puts CFM ability on their product display or package, but one can be measured against another if wanted be. I don't think that it will do anything except suck air in the side of the filter than through the face, like it was supposed to. And suck the price of three filters out of your pocket. The oem fits very tightly and nicely snug due to the filter box design. I don't see how you are going to get it seated with it's shape.
Chances are you will never wash and re-oil it anyways.
Buy an oem filter and spend the balance of the savings to fill up your tank.

Bold statements for a new member.....

Airaid has been used by numerous members throughout the various Hummer forums without issue.

I wash and re-oil my Volant filter twice between oil changes and that's with running a pre-filter as well.

Do aftermarket intakes increase HP and gas mileage. Possibly but the gain is so minimal one would probably never notice. I did mine for the convenience of gaining access to the air filter. Not to mention the stock filters have no way to know when they are dirty. Sure you can replace them every so many months/years/whatever but you still would never know. Here in AZ the air is full of dust especially where I live so I prefer to pop 4 screws and look at my pre-filter/air filter to see if it needs cleaning.

There is plenty of knowledge based articles throughout the various forums to educate yourself on mods which have been tried and proven along with others which are very owner specific.

EDIT: Just realized you are not a new member but only have 22 posts in the last 5 years.

Old 05-19-2015, 05:41 PM

I've been running the Volant with the air raid tube in mine for the past few months without any problems. I am averaging about 10.8 mpg up from 10.1 mpg average. Not huge but I'll take it. My experience has been smoother acceleration and less kick down in the transmission seems a bit heartier under acceleration also.

Don't forget to pull the battery cable off to reset the computer after you complete the install . I got in a bit of a hurry and shifting was a little off for the first test drive .

Old 05-20-2015, 12:17 AM

Originally Posted by ant69
I've been running the Volant with the air raid tube in mine for the past few months without any problems. I am averaging about 10.8 mpg up from 10.1 mpg average. Not huge but I'll take it. My experience has been smoother acceleration and less kick down in the transmission seems a bit heartier under acceleration also.

Don't forget to pull the battery cable off to reset the computer after you complete the install . I got in a bit of a hurry and shifting was a little off for the first test drive .
I never took the battery cable off. Even when I put on the air doc originally with the original filter and then recently when the afe went in. I assumed the ecu would just amend itself. Is that the best practice then to reset things? If so am I just removing the live momentarily? Or is there a set period of time I need to wait ?
Thx

Old 05-26-2015, 08:45 PM

I have used K&N filters sine 86... always clean and re-use... I asked a legitimate question and got a pretty arrogant answer (as confirmed by other posters on this thread as well)... if you dont know the answer keep your smart a** answers to yourself.
Not to mention the ignorance shown about the filter in question... If you seriously looked at the link I sent and knew anything, you would see that the surface area on intake in quite larger as the Air Raid in a conical shape as compared the the stock air filter. Any thing to post up that is helpful now? or would you like to be as you were before? Un-helpful. Have a nice day sir.

Old 05-28-2015, 02:35 PM

Originally Posted by johnygoat
I have used K&N filters sine 86... always clean and re-use... I asked a legitimate question and got a pretty arrogant answer (as confirmed by other posters on this thread as well)... if you dont know the answer keep your smart a** answers to yourself.
Not to mention the ignorance shown about the filter in question... If you seriously looked at the link I sent and knew anything, you would see that the surface area on intake in quite larger as the Air Raid in a conical shape as compared the the stock air filter. Any thing to post up that is helpful now? or would you like to be as you were before? Un-helpful. Have a nice day sir.

That made me chuckle!

Old 05-28-2015, 05:30 PM

It has definitely been my experience with a few upgrades in newer cars when changing any electronically regulated parts that pulling the battery cables for a few minutes to "reboot" the CPU ECU BCM etc is definitely not going to hurt anything. And a few systems can be "fixed" by flashing the computer modules and sensors this way. The change in air intake will change fuel delivery eventually via the MAF and O2 sensors but clearing the memory will help expedite the process and the change seems to go smoother. BTW the Volant and Air raid change are now settling in @ 11.3 MPG up from 10.1 MPG average.

Quick Reply: Hummer H2 cold air intake/ filter options