PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hello people!! Newbie here!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2012, 03:18 PM
Default Hello people!! Newbie here!!

I'm thinking of buying a used H2 since I couldnt afford it when they were brand new.. can anyone advise me what is the best year to consider?

I mean, the year were this vehicle are known for not having that much problem??

Is it worth buying a used H2 to begin with?

Please advise, thank you!

Old 07-23-2012, 04:45 PM

The 08 and 09 models are rare and will be much more expensive than the 03-07 models. The 06 and 07 models had pretty much worked out all the kinks so you should be fine with any of those. That being said, these trucks are not cheap to own as they will require expensive maintenance regardless of how much you baby them.

Old 07-24-2012, 06:57 PM

Many thanks Victory. Almost everyone i know have advised me to stay away from it. I've had a couple of Benz that were pricey to maintain, and most of the guys are telling me that I am just getting blinded by the look of the H2.

What are the typical repairs or prices on these vehicles?

Old 07-24-2012, 08:27 PM

welcome to the club possibly!

ive had mine for 2 months or so now, picked up my h2 the friday before memorial day. its been great so far, i have nothing but good things to say about it.

so far i havent had any major issues. ive done plugs, belts, air filter replacement, cabin filter, and a good detail on it. the rest of the stuff ive bought have gone towards mods really.

i cant really comment on anything other than those things. it does seem like the oem parts are alot of money though for stuff. I have replaced the right splash guard and the back door seals, they werent outrageous but they seemed expensive at 105 and 45 for dealer pricing on them.

steve

Old 07-24-2012, 10:31 PM

I've had mine for a year last month. A 2006 I bought with just under 32k on the odo. The only MAJOR issue I've had so far is the transfer case issues with it dropping out of 4h, going into neutral, not shifting back, etc.....you'll learn more about that if you buy yours lol.

My only other issue (I consider it an issue) is the damn popping body mounts. When I first bought it they were driving me up the wall but eventually it went away. Now they are popping again in the rear. Apparently the mounts are 2 piece mounts and each one is anywhere from $60-90 EACH and there are I think 4 mounting spots on each side.

Most of the smaller issues you'll just come across as you search through the various hummer boards. I'm spread between this board and 4 other hummer forums, and 2 other vehicle forums so I try and be as active as I can on all 7 forums lol.

Old 08-02-2012, 08:27 PM

I've had mine since '05. Brakes, shocks, air filter and outer tie rods. Oh yeah, the three all-nighters to repair the fuse block wiring that a mouse chewed on. About 70k now. The wife just drove it out to CA from the East Coast no problems. (Even after the repair work when I got rear-ended last Jan. by an '86 Chevy Citation--it went all the way to the rear diff. But flattened the front of his car. It was like he drove under a huge rolling pin!)

When I was cleaning it out to pack her stuff for the trip, I found the original window sticker. just under $60K. It's an '03 LUX. I didn't pay half that!
The later ones have a bigger engine and a 6 speed auto. They're have heaver tow rating also.
MikeH