Hummer H2 For those who like a little more gleam to their Hummer, the H2 offers a similar rugged look as the H1, but as a lower cost, and with more added features, making it almost a massive luxury SUV.

Headlights, Halo's and DRL's

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2017, 08:13 PM
Default Headlights, Halo's and DRL's

Halo's flash orange when turn signal or hazard lights are turned on. All lights are LED color temp 6K bright white.

Old 01-02-2017, 08:54 PM

Looks awesome, what are they?

Old 01-03-2017, 11:04 AM

Originally Posted by flyday58
Looks awesome, what are they?
One of the many Ebay/Amazon LED/projector headlights around.

Old 01-03-2017, 06:04 PM

Hey thanks Flyday!
LoJac had it right when he mentioned Amazon, these are very good quality lights and have made such a large improvement over the factory lamps not just in appearance but the visibility is remarkable. You can check them out here on Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The 9007 Male to H4 Female Adaptor is required to simplify installation. Anyways with these lights you will find there is no need to overwhelm your H2 with pointless accessory lights

Old 01-03-2017, 10:01 PM

Oooooh, that's gonna get a couple of hits!
Just installed a set of Vision X Vortex lights in mine or I'd look at these. Might try them in the wife's though, still running stock in hers.

Last edited by flyday58; 01-03-2017 at 10:04 PM. Reason: add more blahblahblah
Old 01-04-2017, 12:33 AM

Super Nice... any mod needed? . How then attach to the oem housing .

Old 01-04-2017, 09:43 AM

Originally Posted by H2Miami
Super Nice... any mod needed? . How then attach to the oem housing .
This.

I have been wanted headlights with built in signals. These look to be the ticket, especially if the headlight output & quality is any improvement over stock.

The price is right too!

Old 01-04-2017, 09:54 AM

Are they DOT-approved? Matters still in some states with inspections. Didn't see any DOT labeling on them.

Old 01-04-2017, 07:08 PM

Thanks for all the kind replies. Let me try and answer your questions. The headlamps are DOT approved in fact “DOT” is etched into the lens. Check the reviews on Amazon. Mounting into the original factory housing takes some cutting on the backside plastic cup. Really pretty easy to do if you use a pair of tin snips. Make sure you only remove one at a time, I got my parts mixed up and took an extra half hour figuring out what went where. No readjusting of the lamp is needed if you put it back together the same way you took it apart this also includes pay attention when you remove it from behind the grill.
Also, I replaced the DRL lights with these bulbs listed below. This gave me the same color temperature as I have in the headlamps.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
The way I wired things up are the DRLs and Halos illuminate anytime the truck is on. This allows the halo to blink orange anytime the key is on. If the key is off the hazards will still work as they should. You can manually switch on the headlights or set them to auto. So, the only down side would be you cannot turn off the halos or DRL’s at any time the key is on.
Brightest lights I ever saw, even more so than my Infinity! I hope you will enjoy them as I have. If you’re still using your factory lights I can’t imagine feeling disappointed after installing these.

Old 01-04-2017, 07:12 PM

If you need I can elaborate on how I wired them up if you run into problems.

Quick Reply: Headlights, Halo's and DRL's