PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

H2 transmission lockout

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2015, 06:11 AM
Default H2 transmission lockout

I was out the other day with the H2. When I got home I pulled up to the garage door, hit the overhead open button, and put the H2 in park. The door opened and I went to move the shift lever from park and found that the shift lever was locked in place with the transmission indicator on the dash showing it to be in neutral. Called AAA for a tow to repair shop. AAA showed up and we decided that we needed to pull the H2 forward, by tractor, so I went in the house to change clothes and get tractor keys. When I got back out, the AAA driver had moved the H2. He said that the lockout control cable had come off because the retainer had broken. Took him several tries to get the cable to stay on so that he could take it to the repair shop. And so that is where it sits. My question is, what is this retainer that broke. Can I get one as a backup for future problems? The AAA drive said it was plastic. Anyone know what this piece is? Thanks for your reply.