As I said, a BIG THANK YOU Easy Ed
I followed Ed's write-up this afternoon (see his earlier post and link)----
Followed the write-up and pics and everthing went smooth as could be-- very well done write-up.... I didn't run into any snags.... took my passenger unit apart as his write-up said and sure enough..... small amount of RUST had gotten to the little circuit board and just enough inside the small motor to lock it up...
I took the WD-40 to it all...soaked it good, wire brushed both the circuit board and motor---cleaned the circuit board back up to new condition by removing the rust, and GENTLY worked on trying to turn the little motor... It didn't want to turn loose at first but I just continued spraying WD-40 inside and working the shaft on the motor. Finally after a couple minutes it made a little "pop" and started turning!!! Just enough rust had set up to lock it up...
After getting it going, my son and I (I suggest getting a second person to help--extra hands made it sooo much easier) put everything back together and it folds in/out like a million bucks now!!!!
Thanks Easy Ed---- you saved me from having to go buy a new set of mirrors!! That's how sharing info can be so good for everybody.... I hope and will try to share anything I learn so that somebody else can benefit like I did---
I love to wrench on my own stuff anyway... I know it's done right then
Have a great day everybody-- God Bless