PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

H2 -- how much room?

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2010, 06:51 PM
Default H2 -- how much room?

Although my username is "HummerForGroceries", it's mostly a joke and I'd be using it for a lot more than just that!

Ever since I was a little boy, I was fascinated by Hummers and always wanted one. When they released the H2 and H3 models, I loved the look of them as well. They truly look amazing -- both of them!

Now that I'm in the market for a vehicle (used, in the case of a Hummer), I wanted to look at various makes and models to see what I'd like. Purchasing a new vehicle is a 4 month process for me, as I do not want buyer's remorse (and I'm very slow to convince myself what I want).

Today, I stumbled upon a Hummer H3 at a car dealership, and asked to test drive it. When I got into the vehicle, I was a bit shocked... I can't fit comfortably in this vehicle at all (not a fat issue, but height). It's a lot worse than my current vehicle (which gives me similar problems, but they're not as bad). I could have looked out the moon roof and kept driving. My legs were against the steering wheel / dashboard too.

There aren't any H2's around here, so I wanted to ask if it's worth it to travel a couple hundred miles just to test one out, or should I just forget it? Does it have the same interior situation as the H3, or is it much more roomy?

Thanks!

Old 07-20-2010, 06:56 PM

Hmm, can't seem to edit my thread. I wanted to add... why does the H3 look so disgustingly plastic on the inside? It looks like thin, cheap chinese plastic. I expected more from the vehicle, because the exterior looks great.

Old 07-20-2010, 07:09 PM

I have never sat in a H3, but I'm 6'1" and I have lots a spare headroom in my H2.

Old 07-20-2010, 07:19 PM

Originally Posted by VegasGuy
I have never sat in a H3, but I'm 6'1" and I have lots a spare headroom in my H2.
Thanks. I'm about 6'8" and the H3 is extremely uncomfortable. I'm trying to figure out if the H2 is any better before I visit an out-of-state dealer.

Old 07-21-2010, 11:29 AM

I would go try because it really depends on your body type. The seats go down and I have a buddy about 6'7" ~400lbs fits fine in the passenger seat of my H2.

Old 07-21-2010, 01:22 PM

The H2 is a whole entirely different vehicle. Feels nothing like an H3. However it does carry on the cheap/plasticy theme as the inside of the H3. The H2 is WAY BIGGER inside. The ride is again WAY BETTER. And the H2 offers alot more luxery ammenities.

Beware.....If you test drive a H2 you will probably end up buying one....

Old 07-21-2010, 01:48 PM

Originally Posted by HumminNBoatin
Been there, done that. LOL!

Old 07-21-2010, 03:06 PM

Originally Posted by SCVipermad
Been there, done that. LOL!
Sounds absurd but it was true in my case as well. I'm not a huge car guy I was still driving the same car I bought during college a 2000 Plymouth Neon. The engine started making funny noises and I was told it would be about 2 grand to fix it so I decided to look for a new car. I was thinking about the new ford focus or fusion with ms sync but drove by a hummer dealership just cause I was curious how people drive those beasts, 2 days later I owned an H2.

Old 07-21-2010, 07:23 PM

Originally Posted by HumminNBoatin

Went to the Dealership in 05 to look at a new H3.........Walked out with a new H2. I felt the H3 was tight too, and I'm only 5'8" . I just like roominess.

Old 07-21-2010, 09:50 PM

Actually, I really want an H2. The H2 is my dream vehicle, and has been for a while. I'd use it for pretty much everything if I bought one. Are you guys absolutely sure I could fit in an H2? This is my last try to check out a Hummer vehicle, and if it's too small I will be forced to buy something I really don't want.

Quick Reply: H2 -- how much room?