PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

H2 ****fer stuck in Park Bigger issue than Wires

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2016, 09:26 AM
Default H2 ****fer stuck in Park Bigger issue than Wires

Need some help please greater than threads I've read already....

2003 H2 with stuck in park issue/key stuck issue.

At first I had broken wire at the shift lock solenoid and I did fix them. Then replaced the shift lock solenoid and still have problem. I hear the solenoid switch click when applying brake but the white button does not release often. Sometime it does with a little force. It Did the same thing with the original solenoid. Tested wires to solenoid and not sure about volts. Expected 12V but on the green/black Park lock control switch supply and the yellow Remote shift safety signal get 8.4 and 7.4 whe. Brake applied. Is this right? What could be the issue?

Wondering if the Neutral Safety switch in tranny is causing issues. Does it interact with the park lock solenoid? And would this cause the issues described above?

Another issue is that the key gets stuck sometimes when not parked on level surface and it rolls forward in a park. If I restart vehicle and brake/keep from rolling then key releases. I suspect this is the Neutral Safety Switch o. Tranny.

Searching for answers before a spend more time and $$$. Thanks.

Old 04-26-2016, 01:47 PM

Old 04-26-2016, 01:48 PM

Yes you should have 12v, losing voltage somewhere along the line. Start at the easy places, check btsi fuse for 12v then go from there.

Old 04-26-2016, 04:01 PM

Almost sounds like a shift linkage problem too. Check at the transmission and make sure the shift cable end fitting is not loose or broken and that Park is being fully engaged.

Tim

Old 04-26-2016, 04:50 PM

Had checked that earlier today. Looks fine but neutral safety switch on tranny (inhibitor switch) may be bad. Only say that because key doesn't remove when vehicle rolls forward a bit once in park. If I park on level ground key sporadically sticks and I have to restart engine, engage tranny, keep foot on brake, turn off engine and key then will releases to full off position Park does engage with no problem. Do u know if the problem with shifter can be caused by this going bad? Would that cause the low voltage issue I described earlier?

Old 04-26-2016, 05:47 PM

check voltage going in on the pink wire, C2 pin C and check voltage out, light green wire pin B. Could have bad connection on either of those circuits or internal resistance in the pnp switch

Old 04-26-2016, 05:48 PM

I would check voltage at btsi fuse first, its easier then you know which direction in the circuit to go to find fault.

Old 04-26-2016, 05:56 PM

You can also check at transmission shifter connector on the dark green and white wire should have 12v when not touching brake pedal and 0 volts with pedal applied

Old 04-26-2016, 06:02 PM

HUMTECH Thanks. I will check. Shouldn't be an issue there because I replaced the plug when I fixed the broken wires but u never know. Not sure what your calling the pnp switch? R u referring the the neutral safety switch on the tranny where the linkage connects. Thanks again. Getting pretty frustrated chasing this gremlin.

Old 04-26-2016, 06:10 PM

Yes pnp is the park neutral position switch on the transmission

Quick Reply: H2 ****fer stuck in Park Bigger issue than Wires