PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Got some new shoes and meat for my H2...Finally

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2012, 11:58 AM
Default Got some new shoes and meat for my H2...Finally

Hey everyone,

Been on here for a little while now and did my fair share of searching all posts for info before I pulled the trigger on me some new shoes and new meat for the beast....let me say thanks to all the great people and the wealth of knowledge shared here.... I can't say enough thanks for the knowledge I've picked up here...
I finally decided to go with Moto Metal 960 20x9 rims and went with Toyo Open Country M/T's 37x13.50x20.....got to say the pics I had seen did not do the combo justice...Man, I absolutely love the aggressive look the combo did for my ride !!!!
I did not do anything but do the torsion key lift (about 1.5 inch in the front) and put new Bilstein shocks up front...also I pulled my inner fender plastics back by heating them and remolding and zip tying to hopefully get me some room so as not to have rubbing so bad... so far so good...

Caraddict, Hey bud.... told you I would post some pics when I got done...just got the tires/rims in today and installed this afternoon...I know these aren't the same as yours (long story short I was gonna get rims like his everyone)...went to order and the dealer we both were buying from did not have what I needed in stock...waited a couple of weeks then checked back and was told there was a problem with the manufacturer and it would be at least 3 months wait..so I had to pull the trigger on something else- couldn't wait that long... so here's what I went with

Attached Thumbnails Got some new shoes and meat for my H2...Finally-img_4323-smaller.jpg   Got some new shoes and meat for my H2...Finally-img_4342amaller.jpg   Got some new shoes and meat for my H2...Finally-img_4343smaller.jpg   Got some new shoes and meat for my H2...Finally-img_4357smaller.jpg   Got some new shoes and meat for my H2...Finally-img_4349smaller.jpg  

Old 03-20-2012, 12:40 PM

Looks great!!!

Old 03-20-2012, 12:47 PM

Thanks I appreciate it !!!

Old 03-20-2012, 05:33 PM

Congrats! They look great! glad I bought mine when I did cause like you I couldn't wait & woulda bought something else...I almost bought the Toyo open country tires...they look really good!

Old 03-20-2012, 05:44 PM

Very nice combo!

Old 03-20-2012, 06:55 PM

Thanks guys, I am like a proud new papa....already been out there shining on them already this afternoon....lol.... I really like the looks of the toyo's too... they are not near as loud as I figured they'd be..thought the highway noise might be a factor but running today anywhere from 60 to 80 they were very quiet to be such a big profile of a tire... got my front end alignment this morning so I should be good to go now !!!

Old 03-20-2012, 07:36 PM
Default cool tires

Those are really cool. Is it smoooth ride??

I got a set of Wrangler MTRs on mine and everbody knows I am coming long before I get there. But they cant get stuck in mud

Old 03-20-2012, 08:36 PM

Coop, those really look NICE! I just put some new wheels on mine 2 days ago (another post). When I bought my H2 the tires were new so when it's time to get some more tires I'll definitely get some close to what you got, I'm just worried about how smooth the ride is on the highway (I don't do mud)! but I like the look of them. jmo

Old 03-20-2012, 08:57 PM

wow I can't believe how good MT's look on H2's compared to the AT's. I was definitely going to stick with AT's when its time to buy new rubber for their durability on the road but the MT's look sooo much better!!

Nice work, truck looks good!

Old 03-21-2012, 10:31 AM

This is my first set of M/Ts on any vehicle I've ever owned too and I tell ya I am impressed with how well they ride....the ride is as good to me as my OEM goodrich's were in my opinion.... very smooth for a big tire--- On the highway at speed---60 to about 80 you will hear some hum but nothing annoying at all....
The Moto Metal 960s looked even better to me in person....hard to do the combo justice in pics.....
Overall, I don't know how many miles I'll get out of them---gonna try to be a stickler on the rotations to get what I can....love the look and will try them out in the mud too...nice to know if you need them to get you out of a tight spot they will be there...LOL
I am pleased also that I am able to get the clearance I needed to run these by only doing my torsion bar keys lift....was a little worried about that issue but it looks like I should ok.... thanks for the compliments guys, I appreciate it !!

Quick Reply: Got some new shoes and meat for my H2...Finally