PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Goodyear Duratrack installed

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2014, 03:31 PM

Originally Posted by H2Miami
Just got the chance to test the tires on Highway .

The Duratrack may be a great tire for offroad , winter and mud but not so good for Highway

Noise level is not so bad , really start to bother me around 70mph and wasnt too bad .

Ride comfort is great on city , going on bumps are much less noticeable

Now the huge drawback is the unstable feeling wile driving the vehicle at highway speeds
the ride comes very unstable , feels like driving a boat , almost scary , may be the sidewall too soft giving a floating feels
I will check the pressure on the tires to be sure it is not part of the issue .
Wondering if anyone got the same problem , an online research show several posts with the same issue but none report for a hummer

Im going back to the shop on Monday , If they cant fox the problem will ask for a replacement .. Yes it is that bad
Very common complaint. In pretty much every case I read about, including mine (and why I researched it), it comes down to tire pressure and putting some miles on them. Try bumping the psi up. I forget what I was running them at on my H3T but it was noticeably higher than I ran the stock tires at.

Old 10-19-2014, 04:29 PM

Im still shocked how a tire company such as Goodyear claims these tires as one of the best , charge over $300 each and the tires are almost on the point to be unsafe .
I will contact them soon to get a replacement or either a partly refund . Im not happy at all paying that amount for a tire which the mainly issue is safety

Pressure is set at 45 psi which is the truck manufacture recommendation . not sure over inflate will solve the issue or be safe .

Old 10-19-2014, 07:45 PM

45 psi if the recommendation for the stock tire. Different tires require different pressures. Granted, my Duratracs were not on an H2, but I don't think you can claim it's a safety issue (yet) when you might just be running too low pressure.

Old 10-19-2014, 09:40 PM

Originally Posted by skeptic
45 psi if the recommendation for the stock tire. Different tires require different pressures. Granted, my Duratracs were not on an H2, but I don't think you can claim it's a safety issue (yet) when you might just be running too low pressure.
The tires indicate 50 psi max ..Im running 45 however every post I checked claim that running low psi that indicated will help to minimize the floating feel opposite to over inflate or even run it at recommended max 50psi

I got to go the shop tomorrow cause also I found the truck is not fully steering to the passenger side , I will ask them the opinion on the psi , will try to either run it 5 psi lower or at 50

No the best week , so far replaced the air filter and ending with 2 MPG less . replace the tires and end with a floating truck which wont turn to the right

Old 10-20-2014, 05:55 AM

What sidewall load range are your tires, D or E?
My 315/75/16 Duratrac's are load range E (stiffer sidewall) and I run 40 psi.
I have no issues with mine but have heard that the load range D's wander a little.

Old 10-20-2014, 08:56 AM

It is " D " I was checking goodyear web and couldnt find the "E" on 17" .... yes most of the problems reported are with the E
i will contact them directly to check if they have it I can get a.replacement
what psi is recommended on your tires

Old 10-21-2014, 05:50 AM

My tires have a max. 65 psi rating. I get a "low tire" warning from the TPM sensors at about 38 psi, so I run them at 40 psi. Any higher, it is too stiff and I feel every little bump in the road.
I like the stiffer E range sidewall because when offroading I air down to about 20 psi and it's perfect for rocky trails or soft sand.

Old 10-21-2014, 07:04 AM

Originally Posted by Bunger
My tires have a max. 65 psi rating. I get a "low tire" warning from the TPM sensors at about 38 psi, so I run them at 40 psi. Any higher, it is too stiff and I feel every little bump in the road.
I like the stiffer E range sidewall because when offroading I air down to about 20 psi and it's perfect for rocky trails or soft sand.
definitely the 17" wont come with "E" . Im running 40psi now and feels a little better . I will get use to it after a few more miles ..

Old 10-21-2014, 09:16 AM

Maybe you have a bad tire? Mine is fine on the highway. I'm running 40psi.

Old 10-21-2014, 12:39 PM

Originally Posted by rhinomike
Maybe you have a bad tire? Mine is fine on the highway. I'm running 40psi.
I think it is more the pressure , lot of complains about it. Im running 40 now but at first shop set it at 45 psi .Since change the psi I havent take it to the hwy yet

Quick Reply: Goodyear Duratrack installed