PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GM Spare Tire Carrier help.

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2010, 08:14 PM
Default GM Spare Tire Carrier help.

I have a 2004 H2 Hummer and I just bought the GM Spare Tire carrier. I have no problem drilling the extra hole on the passenger side and getting the thing mounted. One issue though, it did not come with instructions and the wire for the license plate light has a some sort of plug/clip that is suppose to plug into something underneath the bumper.

Any ideas of what that is? I see plugs all over the place, but I don't want to unplug something just to plug this in.

Help.

Scott

Old 12-12-2010, 08:20 PM

Not sure I am answering this correctly so if not, please be more clear.

The plug-in for the license plate light plug is mounted behind the bumper behind the "R" in HUMMER.

I'm assuming it is there even if the tire carrier was missing. I took mine off and un-plugged it then cut the wire as I thought it was ugly on the back (personal opinion) for daily driving, but it would go back on if climbing/mudding.

Old 12-12-2010, 08:27 PM

I got the carrier attached with no problem, but I don't see anything behind the R. I think I am going to give the dealer a call and take the H2 by there. It will take them five minutes.

I will take one more look this week.

thanks for the help.

Scott

Old 12-12-2010, 08:33 PM

I'll go crawl under mine and take a looksie. Would a photo help you out at all? Can't believe 40+ people looked at this thread and not one person answered until me. lame

Old 12-12-2010, 08:37 PM

I was surprised no one else posted either, but then again, everyone is busy with the holidays quickly approaching.

A photo would be great. I would appreciate that greatly. I would owe you a beer at somepoint.

Where are you located?

Scott

Old 12-12-2010, 08:59 PM

lol..No problem..Lemme go check it out..

I'm in Oregon. You?

Old 12-12-2010, 09:24 PM

I am sorry, the beer will have to wait!

I am in Baton Rouge. Which is only 1,500 or so miles away!

I gave up snow for warm weather and what do I get for that, a low temp of 20F tonight here. I just hope my pool does not freeze!

We will be back up to 70F by Thursday!

Scott

P.S. I still owe you a beer.

Old 12-12-2010, 10:55 PM

Ya that should be pretty frosty at 20 degrees. I went out to take the picture and realized the camera w flash wasnt at the house i was at. Hope u can wait another day..

Old 12-13-2010, 09:50 AM

Here is a picture of what mine looks like. Behind the bumper the wire appears to tie into the wires for the rear bumper lights. (I tried to take a picture of the wiring, but I couldn't get the right angle for you to see anything)

Attached Thumbnails GM Spare Tire Carrier help.-h2.jpg  
Old 12-13-2010, 10:10 PM
Talking

Originally Posted by colbymh
Ya that should be pretty frosty at 20 degrees. I went out to take the picture and realized the camera w flash wasnt at the house i was at. Hope u can wait another day..
I sure can. Take your time. How many houses do you have? Do you want to adopt me?

Scott

Quick Reply: GM Spare Tire Carrier help.