PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fuel doors

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2014, 07:55 PM
Default Fuel doors

Need to buy a Black fuel door locking or not. I looked through old threads but didn't come up with the answer I was searching for.

Which brand fuel door should I buy? I looked around and most of the reviews say "It didn't fit" or is junk, the official GM door is the defenderworx but the reviews say they don't secuely attach.

I would like it to fit and function. I hate buying junk. The smoother the better, I'm having a wrap done and ideally I'd like to be able to put the wrap over the door. Aside from that, I need to smoothe out that huge hole. Like I mentioned Ideally I'd like to have it wrapped but if that cant be done. I would like to closely match the stock black trim or powder coat. Any input would greatly appreciated

Old 09-09-2014, 09:14 PM

I have the defenderworx, its a quality item BUT I am not happy with the way it mounts to the factory bezel. You get what you pay for the cheaper ones are junk the locks are cheap and in know time they get rusty inside, between my H3 & H2's I have spent a lot of money on Hummer fuel doors

Old 09-09-2014, 10:13 PM

Pardon my ignorance but a fuel door with a lock ... Really people steal gas from the tank ?
And I thought mi city was violent

Old 09-10-2014, 11:17 AM

At 4 bucks per gallon... ya there are some people that might consider it. Jokes on them though, it's an H2, so it's always low of gas! Truthfully I would worry more about hybrid drivers putting sugar in the gas tank more than I worry about gas thieves.

But the main reason for the door is really the asthetics. Anyone have experience with the "Real Wheels" door or another brand they truly like?

Old 09-10-2014, 11:54 AM

" hybrid drivers putting sugar in the gas tank " ... That scare me . cause next step is me driving my H2 over their "Rc cars" ..

Old 09-10-2014, 01:18 PM

Originally Posted by H2Miami
" hybrid drivers putting sugar in the gas tank " ... That scare me . cause next step is me driving my H2 over their "Rc cars" ..
My friend said they got rid of their H2 in part from being threatened at the gas station and not being able to fit the truck in the garage.

I shouldn't have to worry about that until after I wrap it in flat black and write "FIREARMS INSTRUCTION" down the side.

Okay how about "Putco" anyone put one of those on their rig? how the install?

Old 09-10-2014, 02:49 PM

Putco is a line of cheap *** plastic bling, mostly stick on, using 3M tape.

Old 09-10-2014, 04:13 PM

What about a locking gas cap? Much cheaper than a locking fuel door. I wanted to get a locking door then decided I didn't want to hassle with keys to fill up every time. I did buy a Defenderworks billet locking cap but the thing didn't work so I sent it back.

Old 09-10-2014, 08:56 PM

Originally Posted by LoJac963
What about a locking gas cap? Much cheaper than a locking fuel door. I wanted to get a locking door then decided I didn't want to hassle with keys to fill up every time. I did buy a Defenderworks billet locking cap but the thing didn't work so I sent it back.
You will still have to hassle with the key because you need to unlock it ever time to remove it they will not function as regular cap otherwise. Many years ago my SS454 truck had one the previous owner put on it lasted for about a month till I pulled up to get gas and couldn't find the key... I easily broke it off by hand.

Old 09-10-2014, 08:57 PM

Unfortunately the Defenderworx is the nicest one I have seen

Quick Reply: Fuel doors