PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

First H2

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2014, 09:09 AM
Default First H2

Heading out to pick up my first H2, 2005, yellow, 78K on the meter, and one sweet ride. Was pretty darn sharp on the H1 when I had one many moons ago but this is a diffeent beast so I am looking forward to learning from all here. Before making this official, I have gone through this vehicle pretty extensively and can't seem to figure out anything wrong with it other than an alignment issue that the dealer fixed at a shop I specified and even there at my buddy's shop he couldn't find anything wrong. Now, for the experts here, even though I may have looked at some things already that you all may mention, what could be lurking that a typical newb to the H2 may miss when evaluating a vehicle to purchase? I appreciate any feedback.

Old 11-19-2014, 09:13 AM
Super Moderator

Welcome and congrats

Old 11-19-2014, 05:37 PM

Exhaust manifold bolts,
Sounds like you found a nice one. Buy it and enjoy. H2's are the best thing on the road.

Old 11-20-2014, 02:32 AM

Idiot me, its actually an 06 but what's the difference. Its a Hummer! Guess I need a refresher on VIN decoding

Attached Thumbnails First H2-photo-1-14-.jpg   First H2-photo-2-11-.jpg  
Old 11-20-2014, 03:27 AM

Congrats, I just bought my first '05 yellow H2 a few months ago. Be sure to check the water leak threads or verify your H2 has been sealed tight....

Old 11-20-2014, 04:46 AM

I actually went to look at this one on a day that was raining buckets all day long. Had to get move it into the detail garage just to be able to look it over to not drown or get struck by lightning. During the test drive there was even more torrential rain and the car was bone dry. Someone seemed to really take care of this one and it was for sure garage kept as there is not a sign anywhere of fading in the plastic or leather.. To my surprise, the dealer even had a write up of their inspection including rotor diameters, brake thickness, spark plug gaps, etc., and used Mobile synthetics during the fluid changes instead of the cheap crap. Hopefully this will be a great vehicle for many years to come.

Old 11-20-2014, 09:11 AM

I love the Yellow. Congrats on the new Rig.

Old 11-20-2014, 10:46 AM

congrats on the new rig . yellow its always a nice color on a H2 ... i want to remind you like others already mention to check for water leaks , even if you dont have any now they can develop real fast on this things ....

Old 11-20-2014, 12:32 PM

Thanks for the compliments. Kinda like the color and also I wanted another yeller 4x4 to match my Jeep. Wife told me no more jeeps as the next vehicle had to be big and comfortable.........I think I complied nicely and she loves it as well so it's a win win. Just spent the majority of the day going over the interior, wiring all that stuff and reinstalling it and all is well as far as leaks are concerned but will keep that as part of my routine check. Did see a potential chafe issue with the wires going to the mirrors on both sides but got that taken care of quickly.

Old 11-21-2014, 04:12 AM

Originally Posted by NCH2
Thanks for the compliments. Kinda like the color and also I wanted another yeller 4x4 to match my Jeep. Wife told me no more jeeps as the next vehicle had to be big and comfortable.........I think I complied nicely and she loves it as well so it's a win win. Just spent the majority of the day going over the interior, wiring all that stuff and reinstalling it and all is well as far as leaks are concerned but will keep that as part of my routine check. Did see a potential chafe issue with the wires going to the mirrors on both sides but got that taken care of quickly.
I understand wanting to match your Jeep. I got mine to match my yellow jacket challenger

Quick Reply: First H2