PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dynatech Long Tube Headers

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2012, 04:11 AM
Default Dynatech Long Tube Headers

I'm looking into putting headers on my 06 H2. I can't see there being any real benefit in putting shorty's on it. I've read a few older threads of guys that have put these on their rigs, has anyone recently installed and if so any pro's or con's? I live in California so I'm contemplating buyting them due to them not being CARB approved. They also have the option to go with a ceramic coating, is it worth it? Thanks in advanced for any feedback.

Old 02-20-2012, 06:55 AM

Originally Posted by HummerH2
I'm looking into putting headers on my 06 H2. I can't see there being any real benefit in putting shorty's on it. I've read a few older threads of guys that have put these on their rigs, has anyone recently installed and if so any pro's or con's? I live in California so I'm contemplating buyting them due to them not being CARB approved. They also have the option to go with a ceramic coating, is it worth it? Thanks in advanced for any feedback.
I dont have them on my hummer but I do ave them on my Vette & I did feel a differance & do have ceramic coated...they will flow better & look better...if your don't get coated they will rust & look like sh@t!

Old 02-20-2012, 06:20 PM
Super Moderator

I have ceramic edelbrock shorty's... they look great, the engine compt is cooler, and I'm sure it helped some performance... it didn't hurt nothing...

it helped me more than anything because I had a cracked manifold... and broken bolts...\

Old 02-25-2012, 02:17 AM

Thanks guys for your responses. I'm trying to decide if I want to go the supercharger route or the top end (heads, intake, injectors). Also, trying to get in good with a local smog shop so if I do go the header route it will pass. (Damn California)

Old 02-25-2012, 02:31 AM

Thanks guys for your responses. I'm trying to decide if I want to go the supercharger route or the top end (heads, intake, injectors). Also, trying to get in good with a local smog shop so if I do go the header route it will pass. (Damn California)
Where about in California ? I know a smog guy !

Old 02-25-2012, 03:21 AM

I'm in Whittier just outside of LA. That would be cool to have if I go down this road.

Old 02-25-2012, 03:27 AM

I'm in Whittier just outside of LA. That would be cool to have if I go down this road.
My smog guy is in whittier ! lol off of whittier blvd !

Old 02-25-2012, 03:30 AM

Nice! What's the shop? Do you live in Whittier?

Old 02-28-2012, 03:12 PM

I have a magnason super charger on my rig with full length headers and high flow cats, with a B&B cat back. It's better then doing heads,cam and intake. Price is about the same when you compare them and you can always add more power by swapping blower pulleys. With the magna kit you get bigger injectors and a fuel pump with the kit.

Old 02-28-2012, 03:17 PM

To do the heads,cam, intake injectors,fuel pump,throttle body and exhaust it was 10k for the charger kit and exhaust 9k. I make 376 at the tires and 400ft lbs. I also upgraded to 4.56 Yukon gears, gorilla axels and beefed up the transfer case, it has a ran ho 4 inch lift with 37 inch ss m16 interco tires. Want to do the Trans swap but that's another 4500 bucks.

Quick Reply: Dynatech Long Tube Headers