PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

air suspension failing

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2011, 03:20 PM
Default air suspension failing

Help !!! dealeer said compressor failed, Helloooo if it failed it would not work when car is running, it would be sitting on the tires all the time.
When I shut car down i can hear a hissing sound as it slowly sinks, anyone have a clue as to what it is that needs to be replaced ????

Old 12-17-2011, 04:27 PM

I am by no means an H2 expert, but it sounds like either the air bag/s themselves or one of the air lines has a hole in it or is not secure.

What year H2? How many miles? What state do you live in?

Old 12-20-2011, 08:24 AM

Hi, thanks for the info, it is a big help. My H2 is a 2004 with 110k, I just moved to Kentucky form Ma. a little over a year ago.......need I say more...lol just kidding Kentucky is nice but try to find a good old hometown mechanic here is impossible. I did bring it to the dealership, and a spring shop to try to convert the suspension . Sring shop couldnt do it ???? why I doesnt know and dealership can if i get parts ( getting them is easy ) but they say it is a 9 hr. job.....BS it is only 2 tops
Cheryl

Old 12-20-2011, 11:52 AM
Super Moderator

Psssst...... the New Member Section is not for tech questions.

Moved to where you can actually get some responses.

Welcome.

Old 12-20-2011, 01:57 PM

Hope some H2 owners find this thread. They will know at least where to start on looking for the spring conversion and the leak.

Old 12-20-2011, 04:04 PM

What were your symptoms? Did it leak down over night? Service rear suspension light come on? Etc. obviously it can be changed to springs because that's talked about on here a thousand times. Also if it's the bags, they can be changed out for under 300 in an hour.

There are several parts to the air suspension. If all the people would put the symptoms, conditions, details, diagnosis, steps to fix, and final cure, then I'm sure in just a few posts we would have a complete knowledge of the system and how to fix it the most economical way. For some, it's to replace with springs. For others, we would just like to fix the air suspension. You would think "air suspension" would be a sticky with as many times as its brought up. Trust me, don't waste your time searching for the cure to the air suspension here. You can definately find out all about the shock replacements though. Good luck however you fix it. I would think that if the air ride lasted over 100k then why not just repair it?

Old 12-21-2011, 05:03 AM

Well said Kdog