Hummer H2 For those who like a little more gleam to their Hummer, the H2 offers a similar rugged look as the H1, but as a lower cost, and with more added features, making it almost a massive luxury SUV.

2006 H2 will not start

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2015, 12:02 AM
Unhappy 2006 H2 will not start

Hi, My husband came home from work and 45 min later was leaving and his Hummer would not start. The battery is fine, it makes no noise t all except the key turning. Any thoughts? Thanks

Old 01-15-2015, 12:11 AM

well I would first check the battery cable connections make sure its in park, then start with fuses,, Not many people come around here with help last post I was bashed because I bought my h2 from a guy who put 24 inch wheels on it I merely asked how to put larger tires on it and was bashed. il prolly look for other help. Hope this helps

Last edited by johnnyreno; 01-15-2015 at 12:15 AM.
Old 01-15-2015, 12:53 AM

Ok really odd he just went back out 4 hrs later and it started right up. Should he take it to the dealership? Any thoughts? Thanks.

Old 01-15-2015, 01:10 AM

Johnnyreno, Thanks for your reply. It's funny you said that. I got here from yahoo trying to figure this out because we knew it was not the battery so I joined. But then as I looked in many of the forums and they start with something like "Don't ask help question"s by Sticky. That's a real put off and I am sorry you went through that. We both have Hummers but I guess I will unjoin since we can't ask whatever we like. Incidentally mine had issues recently and it is a known Hummer issue that was not a recall because no one got hurt, oh well. Thanks and cya.

Old 01-15-2015, 11:41 AM

Welcome ... A "sticky" is a post that remains at the top of a forum category. They are for information only and are usually locked so they can't be posted in. Sticky's usually contain rules or common asked questions.
Hope that clarifies things for you.

As for your truck. Sounds like your battery cables may be loose. I have had to tighten mine a few times. Or your ignition lock cylinder may be on the way out.

Is it clicking when the key is turned to start?

Are your interior lights etc coming on when you open the door or is there no power to anything when it does the issue?

Last edited by madmayo; 01-15-2015 at 02:52 PM.
Old 01-15-2015, 01:02 PM

Originally Posted by STXmermaid
Ok really odd he just went back out 4 hrs later and it started right up. Should he take it to the dealership? Any thoughts? Thanks.
Could be your starter. When they are getting to end of life, they will get very hot and truck wont start until starter cools down. I had this issue with an older oldsmobile, I would let it cool down or bang it with a wrench.

Old 01-15-2015, 03:07 PM
Angry

Originally Posted by johnnyreno
well I would first check the battery cable connections make sure its in park, then start with fuses,, Not many people come around here with help last post I was bashed because I bought my h2 from a guy who put 24 inch wheels on it I merely asked how to put larger tires on it and was bashed. il prolly look for other help. Hope this helps
Excuse me???? In that post you were welcomed by 3 members and congratulated by another on your purchase.

Your question was answered repeatedly which you chose to ignore and posted your question again. What waiting for an answer you liked?

At no time did anyone "bash" you... Unless you call adding some humour to the post about fur jackets and gold grills, bashing. Case of world pussification??

If you think that was bashing... Do yourself a favour and don't join pirate 4x4...
They will show you what bashing is....

And you've got 3 f$$king posts and your on here judging everybody who on here and trying to sway a new member away! WTF?

Now do us a favour...

Sell your hummer...

By a Prius...

Eat granola...

Old 01-15-2015, 04:54 PM
Cool

Originally Posted by madmayo
Excuse me???? In that post you were welcomed by 3 members and congratulated by another on your purchase.

Your question was answered repeatedly which you chose to ignore and posted your question again. What waiting for an answer you liked?

At no time did anyone "bash" you... Unless you call adding some humour to the post about fur jackets and gold grills, bashing. Case of world pussification??

If you think that was bashing... Do yourself a favour and don't join pirate 4x4...

And you've got 3 f$$king posts and your on here judging everybody who on here and trying to sway a new member away! WTF?

Now do us a favour...

Sell your hummer...

By a Prius...

Eat granola...
Boys Boys can't we all just get along JohnnyReno u need to take a little ball busting this really is a good forum you can learn a lot if you know how to read. Hell you got more of a welcome than I did coming back from Beirut Lebanon.as far as styxmermaid she gonna go regardless of who says what I believe she's an adult.Styxmermaid I hope you stay cause their are good people on here. like myself I made mistakes navigating my way on this forum just as recently as Yesterday.But hang in there and I promise you will find what you need. Madmayo that is some funny chit buy a Prius eat a gronala If I may add hug a tree and well all feel better.
God bless my brothers and sisters

Old 01-15-2015, 08:09 PM

Originally Posted by madmayo

Now do us a favour...

Sell your hummer...

By a Prius...

Eat granola...
Anybody including you can be a tough guy sitting behind a keyboard I can tell you I don't doubt you are prolly a small guy with a big truck from what I gather from your comments and from those petty comment you surely wont run me of all people off Wee Man

Old 01-15-2015, 08:50 PM

Meh,I don't recall posing to be a tough guy or threatening you. I merely called you out on statements that you made.

Good luck with the hummer. Don't forget to change the flux capacitor every 6 mos. or 8k.

Quick Reply: 2006 H2 will not start