PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

07 H2 Popping noise

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2010, 09:44 PM
Default 07 H2 Popping noise

hey all! Well my 07 H2 with 50,000 miles has developed a popping noise when you are coming to a stop in a straight line or taking of from a stop. Sounds like it's coming from the rear of the car. kind of a plastic pop sound. If you back up and and hit the brakes hard it will make the sound as well. Does not happen all of the time. At first i thought it was my trailer hitch ball set-up. Pulled that out and noise is still there. Could it be U-joint or a sway bar bushing? Any info let me know.
Thanks
-Doug

Old 06-20-2010, 07:05 PM

it could be the body mount bolts in the back coming loose.

Old 06-20-2010, 09:37 PM

I will have to take a wrench and socket and check all of the hardware. Does not seem drive line to me. Thanks

Old 09-24-2010, 02:53 PM
Default Popping Noise

Nomorejeeps-
This is Dunt2Dunner, I was curious if you ever found out what was causing the popping noise in the rear of your vehicle. I have an 09 H2 with the same issue. We have a popping noise when you accellerate from a stop or come to a stop while driving. You can also hear it when turning, seems like when the body is flexing. I've taken to GMC & Cadillac and neither dealer can find the problem. I've read about body mount insulators. Any help would be appreciated, it's starting to get annoying!

Old 09-24-2010, 03:10 PM
twr

Hi it could be body mounts their was a TSB about it, the fix is to put plastic insulators in between the mounts and body. It could also be the front axle mount their is a big steel washer between the mount and the axle and if that is dry it will make noise and it sounds like its coming from the rear, front all over it was driving me nuts. It would happen when stopping for a light or going forward and turning. It took me 1/2 hour to find it when the dealer couldn't. Hope this helps.

Last edited by twr; 09-24-2010 at 03:27 PM.
Old 09-24-2010, 04:08 PM

try this, take it for a drive and slow down with out using the brakes
go on a back road so other cars wont get in the way , after you are stoped then go ahead and give it gas , see if it pops , i just wonder if its in the back brakes , on the old drum set ups if the hardware or adjustments were off you would get this type of problem , the shoes would hang up . i know you have rear disc brakes, the caliper hardware could be loose or warn , you can check to see how much movement you have by putting your hand on them , also i am not sure on the h2 but on the rear brake rotors are the ebrakes shoes inside the rotor , sometimes to much rust or dust can make them hang up . just some suggestions.mike

Old 09-25-2010, 01:36 PM

No more jeeps, Did you find out what the problem was? my 05 started doing this a couple days ago. I have about 63xxx miles on it. the crap is driving me crazy. anyone else found out the problem?

Old 09-25-2010, 02:31 PM

Hey guys the TSB that the Chevrolet dealer did was to add insulators and replace all of the body mount bushings. Cost $275 parts and labor. The noise is GONE!!! Really tightened up the whole truck! Feels like a new truck Well worth the money to fix.

Old 09-27-2010, 09:04 AM

Thanks for the feedback everyone. I'm having the insulator kit ordered today. I'll let you know what happens.

Old 09-27-2010, 07:49 PM
Cuz
Default Same Noise

I was wondering what the noise was. My question is can you buy the parts yourself. And if so does anyone have a description of the parts needed.
Thx

Quick Reply: 07 H2 Popping noise