PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

04 H2 won't start

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2012, 07:36 PM
Default 04 H2 won't start

Hello everyone,

My 2004 H2 won't start. Battery is good, all power equipment works, trans. will shift to all positions, key is not getting stuck. It just won't start, I turn the key, and everythings seems to work as it should, except when I turn the key to the start position, nothing. No noise at all. Can someone please help? I used the search, but couldn't find any help.

Old 08-28-2012, 09:50 PM

Starter relay? Starter itself froze? Give it a tap or hook it to another car and pull the car a little. Just enough so the starter will move a little. If that starts it you will need a new one.

Old 08-28-2012, 10:35 PM

Seriously? Its an automatic transmission...your not going to rotate the engine by pulling the vehicle in any gear.

If your not hearing any noise, I'd look at the starter relay. If you see another relay w the same part number on it, just swap them and see if it starts.

Old 08-29-2012, 01:35 AM

Good afternoon dear friends.
if the starter doesn't rotate a problem can be in a blockage of the relay of a starter.
probably problem in park/neutral position switch or fuse IGN E 10A.

Old 08-29-2012, 01:45 PM

I also used a code reader, and there are no codes showing up. I know others have had similar issues, but can't find any info. Probably gonna have it towed to the dealer, but I am pretty far from the dealer. This is the first time this happened. I know other have reported hit and miss issues like this. If I could just get it going I would drive straight to the shop.

Old 08-29-2012, 04:16 PM

Well did you check the starter relay? Its a black or gray cube in the fuse box. Is the security light on?

Old 08-29-2012, 05:31 PM

Had this problem last year, my H2 simply didn't want to start. It turns out it was the starter motor. Got it towed to the GM dealer and they fixed it.

Old 08-29-2012, 08:23 PM

Originally Posted by bflorin
Well did you check the starter relay? Its a black or gray cube in the fuse box. Is the security light on?
I swapped the grey cube with the other grey cube that was labled "blower" as suggested by someone else, still did not work. Maybe I will just buy a new relay, but doubt they were both blown, but who knows.

Originally Posted by madmajd
Had this problem last year, my H2 simply didn't want to start. It turns out it was the starter motor. Got it towed to the GM dealer and they fixed it.
I am not sure what the "starter motor" is. do you mean the starter solenoid on the side of the starter, the starter itelf, or something different?

Old 08-29-2012, 08:26 PM

Pull the starter and have it checked...its more than likely bad. Mine did the same thing and it was the starter

Old 08-29-2012, 09:42 PM

FYI, disconnect the battery cable before you pull the starter to have it tested if you do....

Quick Reply: 04 H2 won't start