PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

keyless remote problems

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2014, 11:28 AM
Unhappy keyless remote problems

I have a 2008 H3 that recently had sunroof drain problems. Corrected that problem and my keyless remote stopped working. Took them in and locksmith told me they are fine. Has anyone experinced this issue and what did you do to remedy?

Old 04-24-2014, 08:43 AM
Default No known cure

AFTER A DAY YOU CAN SEE THAT THERE ARE NO REAL ANSWERS, BUT I CAN HELP YOU. oops caps. i had a recent episode of this malady that was ongoing, not a brief thing that happens near some businesses/hospitals,etc as has been reported here. did you try again later?
suggestions have been posted here and you can try them;
1 unplug the door switch/window assembly from the driver door and let it sit by itself for awhile unplugged.
2 or unhook the battery terminals and short them together for a while.

both of these have been tried with no help so you may need to wait for the third solution, just use the key to get in and use the switches that are mounted on each door. some refer to these as "manual"switches as opposed to the remote electronic transmitter control or keyless remote.

as for unplugging the module , some have said that you should move it a distance from the truck. no use, since once unplugged it is a dead piece of electronics and has no idea where it is!

some say that the batt terminals should not be shorted but this is not right since it is routinely done as an attempted cure for everything that goes wrong with the hummer and hurts nothing. its the same as unhooking when you put in a new batt. you can leave the truck with no batt for any period of time with no damage.

the door sw/window module has been looked at inside and out. it is a stand alone computerized module and even i thought it might take a time to reset or discharge its internal capacitors. it doesnt seem to matter how long its out and the voltage on its supply pins drops to zero immediatly when its fuse is pulled.
i recently tried everything ever posted here and gave up, just using the key to get in and it "fixed itself"

good luck and be sure to let us know what you end up with.

btw, the door lock key assm has no electrical connection to anything. its just like an good old car! so when you get in that way the alarm horn beeps as it thinks you broke in!!, mine does anyway. just put the key in quickly or in could get ugly.

always one more thing; clicking the remote open twice normally opens all doors. you can try but probably wont do it.

Last edited by happythree; 04-24-2014 at 08:48 AM.