PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

im pretty sure it electrical problems

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2011, 06:53 PM
Exclamation im pretty sure it electrical problems

hello im new to this site and its the best ive seen in regards to people getting answers to their questions. my problems that im having with my 2003 h2 hummer that i purchased 1 month ago are:
1.) -when i turn on the right hand turn signal sometimes the hazards would come on. not always though
2.) - the folding mirrors that should fold in by pushing the button on the door is not working. they are not folding in, they adjust and all just folding does not occure. i read somewhere its the actuator could be getting stuck but i dont know what that is. what is it?
3.) - drivers heated seat turns off as soon as you go to turn it on. very frustrating
4.) - and the speedometer is going all wacky sometimes gets stuck at random speeds so i need to use a gps to see my speed. very annoying.

i really love this car i mean i just bought it but im having these issues. im hoping someone can give me good advice on how to fix these issues. thank you in advance. ill be checking in often.

Old 02-26-2011, 02:05 PM

no one has ever come across these problems??? please people

Old 02-26-2011, 02:12 PM

first things first. disconnect your battery terminals and wait like a minute that plug it up again. it resets everything. remember black first to come off. and black last to go on. also how many miles on h2?

Old 02-26-2011, 02:12 PM

also was there any accidents in the h2?

Old 02-27-2011, 02:18 PM

The hummer has 180,000kms. It does not show up that it has been in a accident on the car history.
I'll give it a try with the battery just to understand, what would happen if red is disconnected first? Just curious. Thanks for the suggestions and comments

Old 02-27-2011, 02:53 PM

Most of the time nothing. But if the black was connected first and then you connect the red. That voltage spike when connecting the red could blow the fuse. Probably no one experienced that. I haven't either. But i still do it just to be on the safe side.

Old 02-27-2011, 02:56 PM

hey did you check your fuses???????????

Old 02-27-2011, 04:22 PM
Banned

black?/ red?,,,makes no difference whatsoever!!

they advise pulling neg/blk first because if your wrench hits the chassis or ground nothing happens.
if you mess with red first you can get hot short,hot sparks that could explode vent gas from batt. pretty rare. has nuttin to do with blowing fuses

Old 02-27-2011, 04:27 PM

Originally Posted by drtom
black?/ red?,,,makes no difference whatsoever!!

they advise pulling neg/blk first because if your wrench hits the chassis or ground nothing happens.
if you mess with red first you can get hot short,hot sparks that could explode vent gas from batt. pretty rare. has nuttin to do with blowing fuses
it's what ever u think. I am gonna stick with my safe way that I learned. its the same concept of using a fuse checker on a pcm terminal.

Old 02-27-2011, 06:00 PM

i gotta side with drtom its just the safe way,

Quick Reply: im pretty sure it electrical problems