PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hummer H2 Battery Drain

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2008, 11:00 AM
Default Hummer H2 Battery Drain

Good Day All.

I am looking for some advice regarding a 2003 Hummer H2.

I am having a problem with this hummer draining the battery over night.

I have done load test via the fuse board and it seems that the TBC is drawing around 4amps when not in use.

This seems to be very high, I am used to anything over 0.5amps being to high.

Also since this problem started the lights can now taken over 10 to 15min's to turn off, even after it seems that eveything has shut down there is still a battery drain somewhere.

Thanks for your time, and advise.

Best Regards.

Old 01-03-2008, 02:35 PM
Default RE: Hummer H2 Battery Drain

So everything is off and the load tester showed a 4 amp drain? If that is the case I would hook up the Load Tester again, then go to the fuse panel or box and pull out one fuse a time and then check the tester each time, put the fuse back in after you check it and do that until the tester showsno drain and that will give the area/source of the problem by seeing what fuse you pulled and the system it protects.

Old 01-03-2008, 04:33 PM
Super Moderator

Have you had any aftermarket electronics installed. DVD players, nav units, back up cameras, etc. Many dealers add these items at the dealership and they are not properly installed. I had the same issue with my 2003 H3. Took awhile to trace it down. It will start to show up more often as the battery gets older. You should be able to set the amount of time the lights stay on after you shut off the vehicle at your in dash control panel.

Old 01-03-2008, 09:36 PM

we had a vehicle at the shop a couple of years ago that was killing the battery like yours. we had put a security system on recently and the dealership of course blamed it on us, so after a while, we traced it to a defective glove box light that began staying on. gunnyret is right-its a pita, but about the only way to be sure.

Old 01-04-2008, 06:34 AM

I have had the battery on charge over night, reconnected battery, and then left the hummer alone for a good hour, then once I was sure that eveything had powered down I did current draw tests at the fuse board.

TBC 2C - 1.56A
TBC 2B - 0.00A
TBC 2A - 0.00A
FLash - 0.00A
AUX PWR2 - 0.00A

Can anyone tell me what the "TBC 2C" controls, and where it is in the hummer?

Thanks for your time.

Best Regards.

Old 01-04-2008, 10:10 AM
Super Moderator

I don't have my H2 or manual anymore but the Owner's manual should tell youwhat each part of the fuse board controls.

Old 01-17-2008, 07:09 AM

Found out that the battery was apart of the problem, just was not keeping charge for long.

Still have a ramdon drain now and then, atm I have got a current meter on the battery and the hummer has shut down it is only drawing 0.30 - 0.35amps.

For the last week I have been able to get in the hummer and start with out any problems, but today the battery was flat again.

So I still have something drawing current when it feels like.

Old 01-17-2008, 05:37 PM
Super Moderator

If you haven't found the drain on your own I would take it in. A new battery will mitigate the problem for awhile but you will eventually kill the next battery also.

Old 01-14-2011, 01:20 PM

Has any one figured this issue out. My 2003 Hummer H2 has been draining the battery. But it only does it when its cold weather. Below about 45 degrees. Just thought I would check, no one has posted on this issue in awhile

Old 01-14-2011, 04:26 PM
Banned

t is only drawing 0.30 - 0.35amps.
still too much, i had .3 on a car . it would go a week or 2 depending on trips . then a short run and sit for a few hrs,,no crank. got to track it down bt pulling fuses.

Quick Reply: Hummer H2 Battery Drain