PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

H2 to H3 Alpha??

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2016, 10:47 PM

I'm not in UT anymore.. Not that rainy OR winters are much better. I also no longer need space for 2 adults, 2 kids, 2 60lb dogs and camping gear.

Old 12-18-2016, 07:22 PM

Originally Posted by skeptic
I'm not in UT anymore.. Not that rainy OR winters are much better. I also no longer need space for 2 adults, 2 kids, 2 60lb dogs and camping gear.
Well, you answered your own question--enjoy your new 3!

Glad I could help----

Old 12-18-2016, 09:35 PM

Originally Posted by twinmill28
Well, you answered your own question--enjoy your new 3!

Glad I could help----
No, those are the logical reasons... I'm struggling with the emotional/opinionated ones. Like, after driving an H2 for a few years will I hate going back to an H3? I guess that's how I should have asked the question - for anyone that's gone from an H2 to an H3 did you like it or hate it?

Honestly though, finding a local H3 Alpha that I'd want and that I can make a deal I'm happy with is going to be difficult.

Old 12-19-2016, 03:32 PM

Emotionally, for me anyway, I couldn't see regretting going to a 3 Alpha from the 2.
I've still got a warm attachment to our 3, the only things that made it go away was regrettable lack of power ('06's were terrible) and too many people to cram in it for any road trips, even short ones.
With those items no longer an obstacle, I'd be excited to own/drive an Alpha.
I'm telling you, we REALLY loved the interior on our 3; that, in addition to being an Alpha would make it a simple decision. Plus, like you said, parking a 3 is such a non-event compared to the 2.
I do get your questions on parts availability for the 3; not sure if you noticed when you got your deuce there are tons more parts available to customize the 2. I felt really restricted to the same narrow band of parts choices for the 3, it just never seemed to catch on as well.
With that said, I'd easily go back to a 3!

Old 12-20-2016, 09:18 AM

Not only does it seem like there are more parts for the 2, it seems like there is less need for them. Before I did any real wheeling in my H3T I felt I had to add rock sliders and UCP. In the 2 I've only done mild wheeling but if I were to do anything more serious I'd be comfortable just taking off the nerf bars and going with the stock protection.

Old 12-22-2016, 08:48 PM

The "stock" protection on H2s are rock rails.