PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

03 h2 fuel mileage

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2007, 07:07 AM
Default 03 h2 fuel mileage

i am sure this has ben discussed. any way to improve fuel mileage? any one use any downloaders that workedor anything? got 3 mpg with a bully dog on a diesel truck.
thanks any ways at all?

Old 11-25-2012, 03:39 AM
Banned

I average 12 to 14 mpg highway and city. Keep tires properly inflated. Light foot it when you can. Keep allignment on the straight and narrow. Tow only what you absolutely need. Remove the carrier bars from the roof to minimize wind drag. Been looking at those chips that you plug in series to the computer. Unsure how well they would work. I also use a Hydrogen boost. Thats another topic and I dont really want to get into it with the "Laws of thermodynamics" people in here

Old 03-08-2013, 02:52 AM
Red face bar height patio table

nice posting here and really good this site for updating the profile.

Old 04-06-2013, 02:42 AM
Default 03 h2 fuel mileage

I also use a Hydrogen boost. Thats another topic and I dont really want to get into it with the "Laws of thermodynamics" people in here

Old 04-08-2013, 05:33 AM
Banned
Default Anyone interested here is a good explanation. Not mine:)

"How a Hydrogen Booster works.
Question: Anyone know if an electrolysis hydrogen booster violates the first law of thermodynamics? If it does please explain.
“Well first off you are looking at it wrong. You are not running your car on hydrogen. You are using the hydrogen and oxygen to help burn the fuel you are already dumping into your engine. That black soot you see in your tail pipe is unburned fuel unburned fuel is unused fuel. When you see them big over the road trucks with the big black clouds flowing out of them big chrome stacks. Well them big black clouds are unburned fuel, and unburned fuel is unused fuel.
Now what happens if you burn ALL of your fuel. Four things happen in your combustion chamber when your engine is running. First oxygen and fuel enter into the cylinder during the intake stroke. This is when the piston is moving downward. Second when the piston is on its upward compression stroke it is compressing the mixture of wet fuel and oxygen. That's rite your fuel is NOT in vapor form it is still in liquid form. Gasoline vapors ignite far faster than gasoline in liquid form. For example if you remove one spark plug wire and start your engine. Let it run for a min or so then pull that spark plug and look at it . It will be wet with gasoline that is where the term flooded came from. Now it gets compressed with the oxygen. Now just before TDC top dead center.
The fuel is ignited keep in mind that your fuel is still wet not a vapor. As the fuel burns it forces the piston downward this is the power stroke. Next is the exhaust stroke this is when your piston is moving upward and pushing all of the exhaust out of the cylinder. Giving us all four strokes of our engine. In theory our fuel is burned, reality on the other hand is far different. Our fuel did NOT fully burn or even fully ignite that is called Carbon deposits. What is carbon? carbon is fuel that did NOT burn completely. This is why we need to replace the catalytic convert from time to time as it becomes clogged with unburned fuel. What is the catalytic converter?. It is under your vehicle in the exhaust system. It's job is to burn off ALL of your unburned fuel exiting your engine as (((waste))) unused waste. Remember unburned fuel is just that unused fuel .
Now if we mix a bit more oxygen into the combustion chamber to help the fuel burn more complete. Some hydrogen to burn as a supplement fuel and help ignite the fuel we already have. Because Hydrogen ignites faster and easier than gasoline or diesel fuel. Now we are using ALL of our fuel giving us a more complete burn and the complete burn gives us more power. With more power we are pushing down on the throttle less . There for using less fuel and creating far less pollution, as we no longer send unused fuel out the exhaust as waste. Your mileage is better because you are now using ALL of your fuel not just part of it. So it does take energy to produce hydrogen that is a fact. It is also a fact that you have a converter on your car to burn off UNBURNED fuel that is a fact.
What it comes down to is this how much energy are you wasting because of unburned fuel?. So your gains are NOT from running your car on hydrogen. Your gains are from the wasted energy that you are able to recover. My 97 S10 with a 4.3 V6 gained 133 miles per tank of gasoline. I have a 19 gallon tank that comes out to about 7 mpg I was able to recover from wasted unburned gasoline exiting my exhaust. Now If I saw zero gains that would tell me that my car was running at 100% efficiency. But as we all know there is no car out there running at 100% efficiency. My S10 on its own is running somewhere around 63% efficient. The hydrogen is simply assisting in a complete or close to complete burn of ALL of my fuel. "

Old 04-08-2013, 10:03 AM

Well then, why would not all automakers utilize this and gain a great amount of fuel efficiency in a simple way? And why would the government not be mandating this?
Do not tell me big oil is trying to stop this. AUtomobile manufactureres are competitors and a few grams in CO2 make or break the popularity of the car in a country

Old 04-09-2013, 06:03 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by nlhummer
Well then, why would not all automakers utilize this and gain a great amount of fuel efficiency in a simple way? And why would the government not be mandating this?
Do not tell me big oil is trying to stop this. AUtomobile manufactureres are competitors and a few grams in CO2 make or break the popularity of the car in a country
I dont know. Good question. I think it has something to do with Al Gore's tree hugging to tell u the truth. lol

Old 04-11-2013, 10:54 AM

I've been curious if anyone has used a PCM tuner on their H3's and if it helped at all?

I installed one on my Silverado a few weeks ago. I drive about 200 miles oneway for drill every month. Before the tune I got anywhere from 11.5 mpg to 13 mpg. Usually right at 12.5 mpg's
When I got the 11.5 mpg I replaced the plugs which had 100K+ on them. That got me back to the usual 12.5 mpg. I used a Hypertech tuner about 3 weeks ago. Drove it to drill over this past weekend and and I averaged 15 mpg on my way there and 14.5 on my way back.
In the past 4-5 days of city diving it has moved up and down from 14.4 to 14.6 mpg.

Has anyone used Hypertech or any other programmer on their H3 and if so, how did it work for them? Pros and Cons.

Old 04-15-2013, 12:09 PM

Originally Posted by madmike
"How a Hydrogen Booster works.
Question: Anyone know if an electrolysis hydrogen booster violates the first law of thermodynamics? If it does please explain.
“Well first off you are looking at it wrong. You are not running your car on hydrogen. You are using the hydrogen and oxygen to help burn the fuel you are already dumping into your engine. That black soot you see in your tail pipe is unburned fuel unburned fuel is unused fuel. When you see them big over the road trucks with the big black clouds flowing out of them big chrome stacks. Well them big black clouds are unburned fuel, and unburned fuel is unused fuel.
Now what happens if you burn ALL of your fuel. Four things happen in your combustion chamber when your engine is running. First oxygen and fuel enter into the cylinder during the intake stroke. This is when the piston is moving downward. Second when the piston is on its upward compression stroke it is compressing the mixture of wet fuel and oxygen. That's rite your fuel is NOT in vapor form it is still in liquid form. Gasoline vapors ignite far faster than gasoline in liquid form. For example if you remove one spark plug wire and start your engine. Let it run for a min or so then pull that spark plug and look at it . It will be wet with gasoline that is where the term flooded came from. Now it gets compressed with the oxygen. Now just before TDC top dead center.
The fuel is ignited keep in mind that your fuel is still wet not a vapor. As the fuel burns it forces the piston downward this is the power stroke. Next is the exhaust stroke this is when your piston is moving upward and pushing all of the exhaust out of the cylinder. Giving us all four strokes of our engine. In theory our fuel is burned, reality on the other hand is far different. Our fuel did NOT fully burn or even fully ignite that is called Carbon deposits. What is carbon? carbon is fuel that did NOT burn completely. This is why we need to replace the catalytic convert from time to time as it becomes clogged with unburned fuel. What is the catalytic converter?. It is under your vehicle in the exhaust system. It's job is to burn off ALL of your unburned fuel exiting your engine as (((waste))) unused waste. Remember unburned fuel is just that unused fuel .
Now if we mix a bit more oxygen into the combustion chamber to help the fuel burn more complete. Some hydrogen to burn as a supplement fuel and help ignite the fuel we already have. Because Hydrogen ignites faster and easier than gasoline or diesel fuel. Now we are using ALL of our fuel giving us a more complete burn and the complete burn gives us more power. With more power we are pushing down on the throttle less . There for using less fuel and creating far less pollution, as we no longer send unused fuel out the exhaust as waste. Your mileage is better because you are now using ALL of your fuel not just part of it. So it does take energy to produce hydrogen that is a fact. It is also a fact that you have a converter on your car to burn off UNBURNED fuel that is a fact.
What it comes down to is this how much energy are you wasting because of unburned fuel?. So your gains are NOT from running your car on hydrogen. Your gains are from the wasted energy that you are able to recover. My 97 S10 with a 4.3 V6 gained 133 miles per tank of gasoline. I have a 19 gallon tank that comes out to about 7 mpg I was able to recover from wasted unburned gasoline exiting my exhaust. Now If I saw zero gains that would tell me that my car was running at 100% efficiency. But as we all know there is no car out there running at 100% efficiency. My S10 on its own is running somewhere around 63% efficient. The hydrogen is simply assisting in a complete or close to complete burn of ALL of my fuel. "
I have been dying to try a hydrogen kit in my Cobalt or H2, but I am a little skeptical about it and also worried that it would damage my engine. Here is a link I have been checking out lately.

AquaTune.com - AquaTune Water Injection Systems

Old 05-13-2013, 04:35 PM

I've just installed a HHO generator in my Hummer H3 and have been documenting it in my blog.

I know all of the reasons they are supposed not to work and some of the exciting reasons they may.

I went slow to make sure I did everything right and just finished my first tank of gas, so far no MPG gains.

The I5 does seem to run stronger even though I know this observation is purely subjective at this point.

I believe I've see no mpg gains yet because I have not properly addressed the computer.

Right now I'm waiting for my VOLO chip to come in the mail.

This module provides custom maps for the computer that are designed to be used with HHO systems.

One way or another I'll come back and let you know if it works or not.

I've kept track of the gas mileage since I brought the Hummer home and I record it the old fashioned way by looking at miles driven vs. gallons of gas used.

And it has to work to the tune of at least 40% or more increase in MPG or it probably isn't worth it.

Like another poster stated, what's the big deal getting a 25% increase on 9mpg?

My chip should be here in a few days and I figure it'll take a good week of driving after that and I'll know one way or the other if HHO works.

Or I should say whether or not I was able to make it work.

Quick Reply: 03 h2 fuel mileage