PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2006 Hummer H3 Aftermarket Radio Issues

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2016, 03:34 PM
Default 2006 Hummer H3 Aftermarket Radio Issues

I have a 2006 Hummer H3. I had a new radio installed this summer, the Pioneer 4200NEX. I love the radio, but overtime some issues started to arise with my vehicle. Most notably, the car accessories would (at random) turn themself back on when the car was off. This caused my battery to keep dying. It also seems to be causing some odd passlock behaviors as well.

Anyways, I have had the car at two different dealerships over the past few months and both think the issue has to do with the aftermarket radio. Whenever they plug back into the stock radio harness it seems to resolves any immediate issues.

So just to see if the radio is indeed the culprit, I am looking for advice on which radio I should try instead - the tech who installed it thinks maybe its due to the BCM of the Hummer (as the '06 H3 was like guinea pig of the hummers he said) just not being compatible and they are going to let me swap it out or upgrade to nicer radio but I have zero car knowledge and am not sure what to suggest/try next.

Any/all advice would be appreciated, I have to swap-out / upgrade through Best Buy's store - so it would have to be something they carry.

Old 12-17-2016, 06:50 AM

Sounds like it is the install not the radio you chose.

Have they swapped the pioneer with another aftermarket unit?
Did the same issues arise?
Any aftermarket radio swap with the proper plug and play harness will work unless I there is an issue with the radio or the install.

Old 12-17-2016, 09:33 PM

Originally Posted by TAINTER
Sounds like it is the install not the radio you chose.

Have they swapped the pioneer with another aftermarket unit?
Did the same issues arise?
Any aftermarket radio swap with the proper plug and play harness will work unless I there is an issue with the radio or the install.
No swap yet. I bought this past winter with the stock radio and swapped in the aftermarket in the spring.

I am wondering if a different aftermarket radio would work better - or if maybe I could try a different harness/radio in case one of those is defective.