PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HUMMER NIGHT CLUB IN NJ

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2007, 06:40 PM
Default HUMMER NIGHT CLUB IN NJ

I FOUND THIS PLACE ON THE NET ANY YOU GUYS EVER BEEN HERE

Hummers Niteclub 51 Main St South River, NJ 08882 Phone: 732-257-7207 [/align]Type:[/b] Dance Club, Pickup / Singles Music:[/b] Reggae / Dub, 80s, Hip-Hop, Latin Subway directions to Hummers Niteclub Send to a friend Suggest a correction for Hummers Niteclub South River

Avg Rating: [/b] Your Rating: [/b](Log in to submit a rating) [/align][/align]

[/align]Reviews[/align]
Hummers Niteclub is hot on the South River scene. DJs and bands presenting a variety of music from reggaeton, bachatat, hip-hop and merengue to 80's classics, and a host of drinks specials keep the crowd a-hummin'.

[/align][/align][/align]SOUTH RIVER — He might not yet have the car, but he’s got the club.
[/size]“It’s, like, my dream car,” owner and proprietor Don Brown said of the Hummer, the popular sport utility vehicle from which the name of his nightclub is derived.[/size]
At 9 p.m. Jan. 21, when Hummers, a new night spot on Main Street, opens for business, club-goers will be welcomed by a shiny automobile grill atop the front door.
Formerly known as Surge, and before that as Cocktails, the building at the corner of Stephen Street has long been quiet while Brown and managers Patrick Barwick and Glenn Fogerty went to the task of turning the property into what Brown hopes will be the hottest spot in the area.
“There’s nothing like this in South River,” he noted.
Prior to Hummers, Brown had planned to open the club as Surge, a nonalcoholic young-adult venue catering to an 18- to 20-year-old crowd, but ultimately decided against it.
“In all honesty, it wouldn’t have worked,” he said.
Following the closure of Salli’s Place on Old Bridge Turnpike, another of Brown’s ventures, the liquor license to that bar was transferred, and Hummers was born.
Brown, a Sayreville resident and local entrepreneur, opened the Ram’s Head Tavern, a posh, upscale jazz lounge with a martini and cigar bar, directly across from Hummers in 2003. He also has plans to build a fuel dock, store and restaurant at the South River Boat Club.
A lot of money has been invested in Hummers to ensure its success, he said.
The sound and light systems are unparalleled, Brown said, and are what would normally be found in a larger high-end club. They alone, he noted, cost more than $100,000. Renovations of the club have totaled about $300,000, he added.
To complement the lights and sound, as well as the complete overhaul of the interior, Brown said he is looking to have a wide variety of different themes and events at Hummers, something he said sets it apart from others of its ilk.
Thursday nights are to be a relaxed, college-age themed night, whereas Fridays would feature what Brown referred to as “cutting edge electronic music,” similar to what one might expect at Club Abyss in Sayreville.
[size=3]Saturday nights would cater to an older crowd, primarily above 30, Br

Old 11-03-2007, 08:20 PM
Default RE: HUMMER NIGHT CLUB IN NJ

I like when you copy-paste things...at least the entire post isn't in caps that way

Old 11-03-2007, 08:27 PM
Super Moderator

The owner seems lame.... he spent $300k in upgrades but doesn't have a $60,000 truck?

Yeah... I'll be right there....

Old 11-04-2007, 09:25 AM

YOU LIKE IT AH LOL I DIDNT KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT THIS PLACE SO I DID THE COPY AND PASTE YOU KNOW HOW THAT GOES

I KNOW YOU LOVE IT WHEN I WRITE IN CAPS LOL LOL

Old 11-04-2007, 09:36 AM
Super Moderator

Yeah... I love it.... it's probably the rudest thing you can do on the net... and shows just how little you give a **** about the readers...

But.. then again... that's what I expect from a New Yorker... Loud and rude...

Old 11-04-2007, 09:36 AM

wait is copy and pasting a bad thing i figure why post the link when i can post the entire thing

Old 11-04-2007, 09:57 AM

Perhaps his choice offonts is not an example of rudeness or a disregard of Internet etiquette,
but is instead an illustration of his EXUBERANCE at living the Hummer lifestyle.............

Maybe he is just excited to be posting................

Old 11-04-2007, 10:11 AM

just curious i know the rules are capitols **** people off but i want to know why? what does it do?takes too much space or what?

Old 11-04-2007, 10:12 AM

I REALLY DONT KNOW WHY LOLOL I LIKE TO GET EVERYONE MADDD LOL YEAH IM CRAAAAAAAAZY LOL

Old 11-04-2007, 10:22 AM

It's (use of all caps) never really bothered me as long as the post was relevant to the threadand made sense.

I think it goes back to the days of a "text only" world....Before these damn smiley face emoticons showed up.

The font you used was the only way to convey emotion......ALL CAPS meant anger or was the equivalent of shouting.

So, going by those rules....MRDM1 appears to be pissed off and shouting at everyone in his posts.

Make sense now.

Someone else correct me if I'm wrong......

Quick Reply: HUMMER NIGHT CLUB IN NJ